Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Ever Want To Change Your Username.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Ever Want To Change Your Username.

If you ever want to change your username, just send a private message to me or any of the moderators. We can change your username and you'll still retain all of your post history but they'll be under your new username.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
    If you ever want to change your username, just send a private message to me or any of the moderators. We can change your username and you'll still retain all of your post history but they'll be under your new username.

Jim
    I assume the name changes are to protect the innocent...
    2017 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by JeffC View Post

Or hide the guilty....
      Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by JeffC View Post

You're probably being facetious, but for the knowledge of those who may not know "the rest of the story": what we (the moderators) note is many newbs use an email address as their forum name. After the newbs read the Welcome Letter they realize that using their email address is a mistake but they can't change their forum name after-the-fact (a moderator must make the change).

Why is using an email address not a good idea? This forum is regularly crawled by search engines which gleans personal information. No need to make it too easy for them!

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          You're probably being facetious...

2017 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

You're probably being facetious, but for the knowledge of those who may not know "the rest of the story": what we (the moderators) note is many newbs use an email address as their forum name. After the newbs read the Welcome Letter they realize that using their email address is a mistake but they can't change their forum name after-the-fact (a moderator must make the change).

Why is using an email address not a good idea? This forum is regularly crawled by search engines which gleans personal information. No need to make it too easy for them!
            But we gotta give kudos to Brian Country Campers for his diligence in weeding out potential spammers.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

But we gotta give kudos to Brian Country Campers for his diligence in weeding out potential spammers.

Jim
              The only spam allowed here is fried along side a couple eggs , all others must go.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
              X