Remote Control for Leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Control for Leveling

We do not have One Control on our 2021 Solitude 380FL - everything, with the exception of leveling, is controlled from the inside manual switch panel. The leveling system is Lippert's 6 point hydraulic system with the gray "Level Up" control panel in the driver's (street) side front storage bay.

I was researching possible ways to add remote control capability to the leveling system because it is very difficult to access the leveling control panel when we store the RV. Some years back, Lippert sold a replacement control module that communicated with a special purpose wireless remote, but those are no longer available. Probably because One Control is now sort of standard.

I made several calls to Lippert with no success after talking to Parts, Leveling tech support, and One-control tech support. The stock answer was "Nope, can't do it". Finally, on the third call, I got a person that wanted to be useful and spent about a half hour digging out the info. It turns out there is a way. Lippert now makes a replacement leveling controller with an integrated Bluetooth module that will communicate with the One Control app on your phone, but, as Lippert assures me, without needing the whole One Control setup.

I'm trying to find out if anyone has looked into, or better yet, done this.​ Or has better information. Thanks.
    Last edited by IDRVr; 02-05-2024, 08:58 PM.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    2022 Ram 3500 DRW

IDRVr

See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...3-0-controller and https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...-6-jack-system

I found these threads (maybe there's more?) by entering level move controller site:gdrvowners.com in DuckDuckGo's search engine.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

IDRVr Check if your level up controller has an antenna on it already. Mine (granted older than yours) had a little wire antenna hanging off of it (it was on the ceiling of the front storage compartment) and we were able to buy this remote that we use to control it. It seems to be horrendously overpriced now, but you might be able to find one cheaper on ebay or similiar:

https://store.lci1.com/replacement-r...charger-358601

This black wire is the antenna you are looking for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 8.06.01 AM.png
Views:	124
Size:	1,005.1 KB
ID:	128163
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. I looked today and I have the basic controller - no wireless capability. I also read through the thread referenced by howson. Looks like I can either purchase the new Bluetooth capable controller or rig up the wiring to be able to move the keypad to the door side of the RV. The least expensive, and relatively simple, method would be to splice about 9 feet of 4-wire cable into the wiring harness. Then I could move it to either side of the front pass-through storage compartment.

However, I might also look into getting bluetooth capable controllers for the hydraulic and Schwintek slides. It would be nice to be able to operate those from the outside. One time I ran out the front off-door side Schwintek slide from the inside control panel and missed my truck by about 1/2 inch. Luckily, my bucket of luck didn’t run empty before my bucket of experience filled up on that one. If I could get everything on my phone, I might go for it.
        2021 Solitude 380FL-R
        2022 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Working...
        X