Lippert electric 3.0 front jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert electric 3.0 front jacks

Been noticing jack errors more lately. Re homed system and having a hard time getting front left jack to cooperate. Usually I would hit retract and drop front an inch or so, then it would respond and go up.

I tried manually but it is hard to turn on top 3/8 drive. I am just nose high at the moment at a state park for the week. Thoughts?

Where is the power going into the control unit so I can pull power from it for a few minutes to reset?

Lastly, anyone using an Andersen hitch having this problem? Wondering if always going so high to hitch is stressing legs?

Thanks.
    2018 337RLS
    720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
    disc brakes, ems

You might have a failing front left jack nut. I seen this at a Rally where the owner could not unhook from the truck because the front left jack kept getting an error message, the nut inside the jack that does all of the work was stripped. Hopefully this is not your problem. There is a wire harness right at the jack motor, on top, that you could disconnect to see if that helps. Other than that the power wire for the controller is located on the group of breakers behind the battery.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Wanted to follow up. used my 3 ton hydraulic jack under the front frame left side. Was able to take off just enough to get it to retract. Then did the home process to clear error.

All going well so far....then went into manual mode to drop front jacks. As soon as left jack hit the ground it stopped and the error.

So decided 1 more time to switch front wires at controller. Left front controller easily moved the right landing gear....so not the controller.

No rv dealer had a landing gear but would order it for over 700 bucks.....

Called E Trailer and will have 1 shipped to a friends house this week that we are seeing Sunday. Oh, 530 price shipped and tax.

Fun of full timing! Good thing I am handy! Lol
      2018 337RLS
      disc brakes, ems

Comment

Anyone actually lube their worm gear or nut?
        2018 337RLS
        disc brakes, ems

Comment

I did yesterday. I drilled a hole high on the outer legs and used a spray lube with its included straw.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
            I did yesterday. I drilled a hole high on the outer legs and used a spray lube with its included straw.
            May I ask what lube? Something you decided or were told by LCI?
            2018 337RLS
            disc brakes, ems

Comment

Lucas chain lube intended for open drives. It dries after a time and leaves a lubrication film.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post

Lucas chain lube intended for open drives. It dries after a time and leaves a lubrication film.

Do you notice a difference in sound or smoother? I was originally thinking white lithium squirted into a similar hole. Can't imagine dirt going all the way up to top nut.....?
                2018 337RLS
                disc brakes, ems

Comment

I did not cycle the leg fully. It seems to be running with less effort. I'm not worried about dirt.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    You might have a failing front left jack nut. I seen this at a Rally where the owner could not unhook from the truck because the front left jack kept getting an error message, the nut inside the jack that does all of the work was stripped. Hopefully this is not your problem. There is a wire harness right at the jack motor, on top, that you could disconnect to see if that helps. Other than that the power wire for the controller is located on the group of breakers behind the battery.

Brian
                    Got to our Workamping gig in Michigan today. Lifted camper off hitch then started manually lowering and boom. Failed. New one ordered and on the way.
                    Really wonder if the Anderson is stressing them?
                    2018 337RLS
                    disc brakes, ems

Comment

I wouldn't think the hitch matters. You do chock the wheels before unhitching, don't you?
                      Ted
                      2021 Reflection 310RLS
                      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I do. Still seems to pull up on the truck some before it releases.
                        2018 337RLS
                        disc brakes, ems

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post

Got to our Workamping gig in Michigan today. Lifted camper off hitch then started manually lowering and boom. Failed. New one ordered and on the way.
                          Really wonder if the Anderson is stressing them?
                          I do not think the hitch would cause any extra stress on that jack. It is interesting that the front street side jack is bad on yours. I seen this same thing at the National Rally a few years ago and have also heard of a few others with the similar problem. I think it is just being "well" used or used often. The insides are steel on steel with very little lubrication so something will wear out.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

After chocking the trailer wheels, I put the truck in neutral and let it float until there is no fore/aft load on the hitch jaws. (Then, remember to apply the parking brake and put the truck back in Park ). This is with a standard (B&W) 5th wheel hitch, but I think the principle would apply to the Andersen system. The trailer legs should definitely not be lifting the truck!

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                              After chocking the trailer wheels, I put the truck in neutral and let it float until there is no fore/aft load on the hitch jaws. (Then, remember to apply the parking brake and put the truck back in Park ). This is with a standard (B&W) 5th wheel hitch, but I think the principle would apply to the Andersen system. The trailer legs should definitely not be lifting the truck!

Rob
                              The lift is just some bed movement. when it releases the truck bed drops an inch or so....been 6 years, not always that movement. Hard to tell which way truck is putting pressure on the ball/hitch. Really thinking of changing hitch anyways. Andersen has let my tonneau rails get hit a few times.

2018 337RLS
                              disc brakes, ems

Comment

Working...
                              X