Mounting height of rear leveling jacks on a new Reflection 150 260RD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacko

Another way of determining what you have is measuring the jack length (retracted). According to Lippert's website, the longer version is 24.5" when retracted. https://store.lci1.com/rear-hall-eff...ft-305339.html

The shorter version is 21.5" when retracted. https://store.lci1.com/rear-hall-eff...ft-342610.html
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I will go back out tomorrow and crawl in there and see if it has any part number.
      Jacko
      Central Florida
      2021 Reflection 150 260RD

Comment

I also have a 2021 260 RD with the incorrect rear jacks. Called Grand Design and they are sending correct replacements UPS. Can't beat that with a stick.
        Gundealer
        2022 F250 and 2023 337RLS

Comment

Received the new jacks from GD in about 4 days. Impressed with their service response. Swap went smoothly. Now I'll be selling the old ones.
          Gundealer
          2022 F250 and 2023 337RLS

Comment

I would not sell the jacks, the motor is the same that is used on the front and if you have a motor issue someday you would have 2 spare motors.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have the same problem on my 260rd. I called GD and they told me to run a string from the bottom of the rear tire to the corner of the trailer and take a picture of it. I did that and will attach that picture.
              Michael Lien
              2022 Reflection 260rd
              2021 GMC Sierra 2500 diesel

Comment

Mlien47

Hi Michael . . . welcome to our Owners Technical Forum.
                The line you describe is the “departure angle” and in theory anything above this line will not touch the ground before the rear frame does. But . . . this assumes smooth ground. This would not account for curbs or speed bumps or potholes. Anything close to this line is vulnerable. Close to the tire is better than further back. We will be interested in what Grand Design has to say about your picture.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I sent the picture in to grand design and they said to give the dealer the part numbers and have them order and install the shorter ones. The dealer, Lazydays, says they won’t order them until they see them and communicate with grand design. We also had a problem with the compass connection device which I did trouble shooting over the phone with Lippert, the unit is dead but the dealer also won’t order the new part ahead of time even if I give them the email saying they will replace the unit. I am not happy with them as they should have made sure everything worked before they delivered the trailer.
                  Michael Lien
                  2022 Reflection 260rd
                  2021 GMC Sierra 2500 diesel

Comment

I took our Reflection150 298BH out for the first time. Bent right rear jack pulling into a Walmart on their stupid curb. I shaved grass pulling into my driveway. On flat asphalt, retracted is 4.25 inches from asphalt. I mentioned to the sales person the rear jacks are awfully low. He said people don't have a problem. Parked in my driveway, they are 3 inches from the ground before leveling ... once I replace the right jack. Reading through the posts, the shorter jacks would be better for me.

Comment

wsBenge

Are the jacks within the “Departure Angle” (ie close to the tire) discussed earlier in this thread?

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Mlien47 wsBenge​ have you checked to see if there is any clearance above the jack? On my fist 5er, I raised the rear jacks 1 or 2 holes to increase the departure angle to acceptable. The head of the jack ended up almost touching the bottom of the floor.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                          Mlien47 wsBenge​ have you checked to see if there is any clearance above the jack? On my fist 5er, I raised the rear jacks 1 or 2 holes to increase the departure angle to acceptable. The head of the jack ended up almost touching the bottom of the floor.
                          I asked a senior GD product manager about this very issue, Joseph. GD leaves space between the bottom of the floor and the top of the jack due to the location of the electric jack's manual override--which, of course, is on top of the jack.

Due to floorplan and other configuration issues, jacks are not installed the same across models. I spotted a 303RLS and 337RLS that were side-by-side. The street side rear jack on one showed six holes free under the bottom bolt, the other seven. (Thus when I spotted the difference asked the question.)
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson Howard, I think I was lucky that my jacks had 2 override locations. One was on the bottom of the motor, the other the top. Either way, had I not raised the jack, it would have caught everything. IIRC the jack foot was less tan 6" from the ground.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just wanted to give an update, to my original post after contacting Grad Design, they responded that I had enough clearance with the string test. Now all these units are built the same ,Jacks the same ,all with not enough clearance but I was not offered anything ,certainly not replacement correct jacks. So good for you folks that were sent the correct jacks. I must have caught them on a bad customer service day.
                              Tim

Comment

I moved my rear jacks up one hole. Its easy. It’s highly unlikely you will ever use all of the departure angle on the 260 RD anyways but a parking block could certainly contact the jack. Many paved RV pads have large parking blocks. The string test is irrelevant on the 260RD, but may be on a coach with a longer rear overhang. If you had a jack stuck in the down position, simply raise the landing gear to unload the jack and then remove the jack assembly. 4 bolts and power plug is all it takes. A cordless impact and ratcheting wrenches are your friends.
                                Last edited by Johio; 10-05-2023, 12:12 AM. Reason: Clarification
                                2022 260RD. 2006 2500HD diesel, 2wd single cab unicorn. B&W 18k Patriot.

Comment

Working...
                                X