Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JT Strong Arm Install (TT) - Big Fat Fail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT Strong Arm Install (TT) - Big Fat Fail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strong Arms.JPG
Views:	600
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	71564

Long post that I've edited down to the following:

1) If you have PSX1 stabilizers (pic below) on your travel trailer...the existing JT Strong Arms will not completely install. (Only 4 of the 6 Strong Arms according to Lippert.) The problem is the arms on the PSX1 themselves--interferes with the movement of the Strong Arms.

Name:	PSX1.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	71561

2) Ensure there's a place to secure the Strong Arms on the frame inline with the stabilizers. On my 315RLTS, there's nothing near enough so I'd have had to "field engineer" mounting points.

Below is the front PSX1. The front beam (#1 in the pic) is a good 15" forward. Where a support is needed (#2) has a gray tank above it, thus I'd need to fabricate a metal brace across the width of the camper.

Name:	Front.JPG
Views:	621
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	71562

Below is the rear PSX1. Above it is a void. Note how far back the rear cross member is on the frame. Again, would have required fabricating a brace to cross the width of the camper.

Name:	Rear.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	71563

Between all the modifications and inability to use all 6 of the arms...I sent the kit back.

Had two conversations with Lippert today about these Strong Arms and they admitted their engineers are looking at improving the system so it will install on campers like my 315RLTS with the PSX1 stabilizers.

Hope this helps someone else.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

You saved folks from a headache Howard. Nice documentation.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Had two conversations with Lippert today about these Strong Arms and they admitted their engineers are looking at improving the system so it will install on campers like my 315RLTS with the PSX1 stabilizers.
      Howard
      Take a hard look at the Steadyfast system. I don't think you will have the issues of the JT Strong Arm set up you tried. It only attaches to outside frame members and jack pads. Everything you need including the drill bit and bevel bit and hardware is included. It does work. When you call you will be talking with the owner, unless he got some help.

Keith
      Last edited by howson; 12-03-2021, 06:24 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote for readibility...
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X