Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto level, levelers, leveling blocks, etc.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto level, levelers, leveling blocks, etc.....

So we have just upgraded from an Imagine XLS 17MKE to a Solitude 382WB. My question to anyone who knows.... If I have an "auto level" system on my solitude, do I need things like Anderson Levelers, leveling pads, the LevelMatePro, or any of the multitude of crap things they will sell us? I mean, if the auto level does everything for you, then other than some blocks for the wheels in case they are that far off the ground, what else would you need? If you DO need those things, even with the auto level, can someone explain WHY I need them if I have an auto level system???? Thanks!
    Allen and Cyndi
    Ford-a Venture!!!
    Ford F-350 and GD Solitude 382WB

Having Auto level myself I still try to get pretty level side to side, blocks under the tires if needed, then I also use some blocking under the legs incase the ground is unlevel. I have the big bubble level attached to the pin box so I can see how far off side to side that I am and add blocking accordingly. I have been wanting to try the Anderson Levelers or Beachlane but have not done that yet, I still use the blocking that I have had for years. If you do not put some kind of blocking under the legs and you are on uneven ground you run the risk of over stroking the jacks and that is sometimes a pain to get out of so I just put blocks under the jacks. I would not allow the wheels to be off of the ground, bad for the frame I think.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I, too, have the big level on the pin box so I can get near level side to side before unhitching. Evaluate the lay of the land and most of the time can just drop the inner legs and go to unhitch and auto level. For extra muddy sites I will use blocks for a larger footprint under the legs.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thanks! We have Snap Pads for the feet of the levelers. I figured we needed something to help the side-to-side get "close" so we didn't end up with wheels up. But wasn't certain about the other stuff. Don't want to spend $100s on a LevelMatePro if it isn't needed. Again, Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!
        Allen and Cyndi
        Ford-a Venture!!!
        Ford F-350 and GD Solitude 382WB

Comment

AMires in TX , we just sold our 18 year old 5th wheel with manual rear stabilizer jacks and have a new 5th wheel with the "auto level" system.

I have found I need to spend more time leveling the new trailer than I did the old one. And that's before I hit the "auto level" button.

​I have purchased the Beech Lane levelers and LevelMate Pro because those two products make leveling much nore efficient then trying to guess how many layers of Lego blocks to stack under the rear wheels. So definitely not necessary, just more efficient.

If you don't start with the trailer pretty level side to side, the auto level system will take one side rear tires off the ground. Then you have to hook the truck back up and start all over.

Someone else on this forum said it right - think of the "auto level" as stabilizers after you are level, and not as levelers. I love the stability inside the trailer due to the jacks, but had to adjust my thinking to realize no, you can't just hit the auto leveler button and all will be well.
          Mike and Rebecca
          2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
          2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

The Level Master on the pin box has marks that represent 1 1/2"(the thickness of 2x lumber) off level. Easy.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220421-171636_Chrome.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	82808
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
            X