Rear jacks do not retract w/hitch height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear jacks do not retract w/hitch height

Has anyone else had problems with their rear and center jacks not retracting after pressing the hitch height button? On our first two trips the leveling system worked wonderful, pressed auto level after unhooking and it worked fine, pressed hitch height at the end of our stay and was very close to the right height. The last two trips auto level has worked great but at the end of the our stay pressing the hitch height button the hydraulic jacks in front of and behind the axles do not move the front return to hitch position. The first time it happened I was using the control pad in the pass through, the second time I was using the app on my phone. The app actually showed that it had retracted the rear but had not.
    Scott & Mikaela
    2022 375 RES
    2020 F-350 DRW

Do you have electric or hydraulic jacks?

On the GC 3.0 sometimes I have to hit the hitch height button 2x (it just started this).

Read through the manual again, there is a strange initial set that will trip the system into doing funny things. Avoid the retract all button until hitched.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 i have the hydraulic system. You hit hitch height twice? Mine starts moving as soon I hit hitch height just doesn’t retract the 4 rear jacks.
      Scott & Mikaela
      2022 375 RES
      2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Sometimes ours will not start the cycle on the first press of the button.

That sounds like a call to LCI.
        Joseph
        Tow
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Do you make sure you are slightly nose high before hitting auto-level on set-up? After hitching up, do you hit retract all to pull the landing jacks, and any lowered stabilizing jacks in? Are you on shore power and/or have fully charged batteries?

These are the questions I have asked myself and answered "yes" to many times, and still have intermittent problems. There is a fourth question that I answer "no" to and that is whether the battery has been disconnected since set-up.

In my case, I'm usually using the outside control pad. I get one push of the hitch height button, nothing happens. Push it again and it goes into error mode. I then use the One Command panel to clear the error and retract the stabilizing jacks. I can then use the outside pad to raise and lower the landing jacks. Of course, this all happens when we are getting ready to pull out and we don't have any problem when we go to set up, so I naturally forget to raise this issue on the forum. Thanks to Sandridge4 for asking the question.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

JBill9694 the first time it happened I was not connected to shore power but had just unplugged from it so the next time I stayed connected thinking that could have been an issue and it did the same thing. I have always started nose high, and yes as a rule I always use retract all once hooked up and doing my final walk around. I’ll reach out to LCI and see if they have any suggestions. I’ll let you know what I hear.
            Scott & Mikaela
            2022 375 RES
            2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

I need to clarify here. I do not have the hydraulic system, and I retract the two rear jacks before hitting the auto reconnect setting.

Is the correct procedure just to initially activate the reconnect feature? Do the rear jacks retract first before the pinbox is raised to the correct height? Or do they stay down and then come up when the retract all is activated after hitching up?
              2020 Reflection 273MK
              2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                I need to clarify here. I do not have the hydraulic system, and I retract the two rear jacks before hitting the auto reconnect setting.

Is the correct procedure just to initially activate the reconnect feature? Do the rear jacks retract first before the pinbox is raised to the correct height? Or do they stay down and then come up when the retract all is activated after hitching up?
                When "auto reconnect" is activated the rear jacks "should" retract then the front jacks where do there thing to return to the hitch position. This will only happen if auto level is selected after you are disconnected from the tow vehicle. If at any time after that auto level is selected again the auto reconnect position is changed to where the jacks are at at that time.

I wonder if the OP did a auto level again at some time after the first initial auto level? I would guess that this would cause the rear jacks to not retract.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Even double pressing the auto level on the ground control 2.0 did not affect the hitch height retracting of the rear jacks. Have not tried this with the ground control 3.0.

Hitch height should retract the rear jacks before setting the front jacks to the extended position just before the last time the auto level button was pressed.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have never found it necessary to relevel after the initial auto-level (we stay in RV parks and so far they have all have firm pads), so for us the issue is not hitting the auto-level button twice.
                    John
                    2018 Momentum 395M
                    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Country Campers i have never had to re-adjust. Just got a response from LCI today asking questions but no resolution yet.
                      Scott & Mikaela
                      2022 375 RES
                      2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Here was LCI’s response to me asking why the rear and middle hydraulic jacks were not raising prior to the front jacks returning to hitch height. Not sure if I believe it….. will continue to trouble shoot on my own. This past weekend it didn’t operate “normally” either time I used hitch height.

From LCI.
                        Thank you, that is normal. You will not always see the rear and middle jacks retract when doing hitch height. It is all pressurized and at times you may not see them retract. It equalizes the pressure enough for the front jacks to raise. If there is anything else we can help out with, please let us know. Have a great day!
                        Scott & Mikaela
                        2022 375 RES
                        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
                        X