Working on a few technical projects, could use some feedback and ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pblosser03 View Post
    Hmm, bummer on the 1.5 seems like they went backwards in functionality.
    For clarification, the only GDRV that has ever used the Unity X4 (the most capable OneConnect board) are the Momentum 5vrs. All of the other model lines use (and have always used) the less capable Unity 1.5 or X280 boards.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by bob View Post

My new Solitude also has the 1.5 board, and I am very underwhelmed. I have decided to basically route around the OneControl system, and leave that solely for leveling (I use the switches to manually operate the slides, and swithes to operate the awnings manually as well) and use Home Assistant to really control the RV. I access it remotely through a Pepwave cellular gateway, and a Cloudflare tunnel...

Here is what I have done so far:
      • Added Shelly 1 remote controls to nearly all switches
      • Added remote switch pads around the RV to make it easier to control lights, etc.
      • added water sensors to all the sinks, toilets, storage areas, washer/dryer closet and water panel
      • added door sensors to all doors including the fridge doors
      • added motion sensors to all rooms
      • added temp/humidity sensors to nearly all rooms and compartments plus the fridge and freezer
      • set up security alarm
      • replaced all smoke detectors with smart detectors, and added smoke detectors to passthrough and front storage compartments
      Here is the list for the next few weeks:
      • Install electronic dump valves
      • install water flow and shutoff valves
      • Configure the system to shut off the water if it detects a leak anywhere
      Longer term goal
      • Tank levels
      • making sure that the tank isn't full when running the washing machine or taking a shower
      I’m always interested in seeing what devices people are using. There are a lot of products on Amazon and what people on this forum choose to use is much more useful than the Amazon reviews.

is your products installed list something that you could share?
      2022 Reflection 280 RS
      2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

I'm really interested in your project. I have Home Assistant for my home, doing various trials over the last year on different devices and sensors. I'm interested in your Shelly 1 Plus...
        Added Shelly 1 remote controls to nearly all switches​
        . Did you continue to use the existing JR Products rocker switch, or did you put a toggle type switch in it's place? Or did you put the Shelly in parallel and leave the existing JR as the manaul way, as TedS mentioned? Or did you fine an even better switch to replace the JR which controlled the Shelly>

I'm very interested in your OneConnect Discovery Git project and looking to put a Raspberry PI 4 to drive my config, once the PI stock becomes available. I have some projects that I will keep me busy while we camp - getting a the Starlink cabled in and mounted on something, adding a proper router to intergrate everyone into one network.

Shelly 1 setup by bob... https://community.home-assistant.io/...witch/527539/2
        Last edited by d-jeffrey; 04-30-2023, 09:59 PM. Reason: Found the answer...
        2022 GD Imagine 2670MK 2023 F-150 6 Lariat 3.5L Eco Blue Ox Sway Pro
        Darren & Kristy + Mojo Canada

Comment

Working...
        X