Sync 3 no longer compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync 3 no longer compatible

On this trip the Tire Link app on my F150 would display but not update the tire measurements. Talked to Lippert Tech CS. They said there’s a compatibility issue that hasn’t been fixed on the app. They had no idea when (if?) it might be fixed. Offered at $200 Lippert stand alone monitor as a fix! Anyone know of a Sync 3 compatible alternative to Lipperts TPMS?
    2022 3100RD
    2019 F-150 V6 Twin Turbo 10 speed
    Over 55 years TT towing

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
    On this trip the Tire Link app on my F150 would display but not update the tire measurements. Talked to Lippert Tech CS. They said there’s a compatibility issue that hasn’t been fixed on the app. They had no idea when (if?) it might be fixed. Offered at $200 Lippert stand alone monitor as a fix! Anyone know of a Sync 3 compatible alternative to Lipperts TPMS?
    Talk with your Ford dealer Tech guru. The may have an update for the synk 3 available. Or does you F150 have the Ford trailer tire sensing option? All you need is comparable sensors and repeater if it does.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

My Sync is fully updated. And unfortunately I don’t have the trailer tpms.
      2022 3100RD
      Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

Morning.
        FWIW....I was having issues with my OneControl app (Android) and service device link (SDL) which apparently allows OneControl to talk to your Sync.
        I shot an email to LCI and received the response below.
        Seems they no longer support Sync.
        However, my email response from LCI seems to conflict with the OPs chat with LCI and there was a glimmer of hope.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 7:44 AM EmailToCase <customerservice@lci1.com> wrote:
        Good morning Steve,

We currently no longer support using the Ford Sync, with the app updates that we've had to make they are no longer completely compatible. And as for the App doing a constant draw on your phone battery, I've actually just tried to leave my own app open along with another one of our Apps called Compass Connect and neither of them seem to be doing that while open, open in the background and closed out. So, I'm not sure why yours is doing that. It could potentially be a corrupt download that's causing it. I'd try to delete the app and redownload. If the issue persists, please feel free to either reply to this email or give us a call.

Thank you,

I have resolved myself to the fact that LCI is NOT a tech company. I cannot expect them to keep up with the Apple's and Samsung's of the world. Ford buys Sync from someone. My 2012 F150 has a badge that says Microsoft Sync on the dash.

Hope this helps.

Steve
        2022 Momentum 381MS
        2024 F-350 Platinum DRW
        Reese Elite 27K Puck System
        Garmin RV890 & DashCam 57

Comment

I’ve resigned myself to not expecting the incompatibility to be fixed. But that leaves me to finding a reasonable alternative to monitoring the LCI tpms via Sync3. I know many here will recommend a completely different tpms setup, but I’m no more anxious to spend money that way than to buy Lipperts standalone display at $200. Anyone have experience the the alarm fob that goes with LCIs tpms?
          2022 3100RD
          Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
            I’ve resigned myself to not expecting the incompatibility to be fixed. But that leaves me to finding a reasonable alternative to monitoring the LCI tpms via Sync3. I know many here will recommend a completely different tpms setup, but I’m no more anxious to spend money that way than to buy Lipperts standalone display at $200. Anyone have experience the the alarm fob that goes with LCIs tpms?
            I have been using the alarm FOB with my TPMS. So far it seems to work as expected. I will say though that at specific intervals it give a beep to let me know it is on. Scared the @#$% out of me the first couple of times but then realized what it was doing and all flashes were green.

My android phone also registers the LCI TPMS and provide pressure and temperature through that app so may want to look at that if you have a phone. Just download the app and all good to go.

Rob
            Rob & Barb
            2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
            2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

I have never used the fob. I had an older iPhone that I no longer used and it has become the TireLync TPMS display in the truck.
              Ken & Sandra
              2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by KSC_Travels View Post
                I have never used the fob. I had an older iPhone that I no longer used and it has become the TireLync TPMS display in the truck.
                If that works I wouldn't want much more. The older iPhone much better than the fob as far as I am concerned. Should show pressure and temp which is more than the fob does.

Rob
                Rob & Barb
                2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
                2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Note the temp sensors LIE. The side in the sun will always show hotter than the other. I parked the camper to grab a bite to eat and the temp sensors went up over 10F.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                  X