TV won’t stay attached to mount when on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV won’t stay attached to mount when on the road

My tv mount has a retaining clip that is supposed to keep the tv secure while in motion. But the tv often comes loose on bumpy roads and when I go in after a trip, the mount has extended about a foot so the tv has been bouncing on the end of the mount. I’m worried that it will break away from the wall and hit the floor.

Has anyone found a way to secure the tv to the mount so this doesn’t happen?

Bob
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Both of our previous trailers had a strap that went from one side to the other to secure the TV. You could try adding one. I know on the first TT it worked great. Even had a plastic connector in the center so it was easy to put on / take off vs the 2nd unit that was literally one long piece that required you to thread it through the loop.

https://www.amazon.com/Amarine-made-...s%2C111&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Buckles-Strap...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

A strap like Joseph described would be good. With today's screens being sensitive to pressure, might have to make sure that the strap or buckle don't push on the screen. I also thought about drilling through the arms of the mount for a keeper pin. However, procrastination has kicked in and haven't done either.

When we first realized we had this problem we grabbed a couple of throw pillows and wedged them between the bottom of the TV and the top of the fake fireplace cabinet. The slight upward pressure on the TV seems to keep it locked into the clip, so I've no impetus to do anything different.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

If you make your own strap, you can put the buckle wherever you need to keep it from hitting the screen, or put pipe insulation (i know more stuff to keep up with) on the top and bottom to space it out.

JBill9694 John, I 'd be cautious with the pillows under. Our TV mount LIFTS off the arm extremely easily such that ONE COULD move the TV outside for viewing pleasure (and flying critter calling beacon).
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I installed two magnetic door stops between the wall and the TV to keep it in place. Works great.
          Jim (& Sharon)
          2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
          2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
          The toys:
          2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
          2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

If our mount was like yours, Jlawles2, I would have the impetus to find a different solution 😀
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JCR GD View Post
              I installed two magnetic door stops between the wall and the TV to keep it in place. Works great.
              That sounds like an interesting option. Are the ones you used adjustable? How did you attach them?

Bob
              2018 Reflection 295RL

Comment

Originally posted by bogen2 View Post
                That sounds like an interesting option. Are the ones you used adjustable? How did you attach them?

Bob
                Not adjustable. Screwed base to wall and found a place on the TV mount that was the right distance to mount the other piece. One on each side of the TV.
                Jim (& Sharon)
                2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
                2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
                The toys:
                2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
                2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

What a great RV hack. I ordered 2 magnetic door stops from Amazon and they work perfectly. They are 4” long and are exactly the right size. My TV is now firmly attached but you can still extend it as needed. I love when stuff can be repurposed to solve RV problems. Thanks JCR GD

Bob
                  2018 Reflection 295RL

Comment

Working...
                  X