Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venus OS 2.93 -- DragonFly Support

In a release from Victron about Venus OS version 2.93:

VE.Can/NMEA2000: Add support for Dragonfly manufacturer code for WS500. This is required for a future change planned by Wakespeed/Dragonfly.

Dragonfly I believe is the parent company that produces Battleborn batteries. So, what that means is that in the near(?) future their batteries will natively interface with Victron equipment. Yea!

Don't get me wrong--I won't replace my batteries just to get this capability but when the time comes it will be a highly desired function.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

howson Yes they have been slowly rolling out support for different BMS systems on the batteries that allow you to monitor SOC, cell voltages, etc through the Venus OS (Cerbo, CCGX etc). My home backup uses the SOK which are supported, but I have not connected them up yet due to lack of time. I could definitely see the benefit though.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
    X