Location and Connections of Devices in 2022 Imagine 2670MK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location and Connections of Devices in 2022 Imagine 2670MK

Got my first Grand Design trailer - Imagine 2670MK and looking forward to our first outing on the May long weekend (we need it warm up in Canada before we can start camping). This is my 4th trailer, but first GD. I'm looking for the location of the some of the equipment and how I might be able to connect to it. I found the Unity X180T under the bathroom sink, along with the Slider controller. I found the solar controller in the passthru beside the Univeral Docking Station. I assume that the router would have to be connected to the Unity box to be able to feel a health signal back to LCI

I have been preparing and I have a list of questions:
    1. Does this model have a cell modem which communicates back to GD and/or LCI?
    2. Where is that modem/router located?
    3. If it does not have a modem then what is the message that appears in the Compass app that under RV Health that tells me my battery are ok: "As of ...a few hours ago... electronic components of this device appear to be operating normally'?
    4. Can I connect to my trailer with anything other than the Bluetooth connection with a Unity X180T?
    5. Any hope of using Bob's HomeAssistant_OneControl_Discovery ​with this Unity?
    6. I dont' see anything in the System Report that tells me I have any Wi-Fi based anything, the only thing it has is a
      • GateWay RvLink Offline Bluetooth Gateway Bluetooth Gateway Daughter Board RvLink ESP32 Programmed PCBA
    7. I found the breaker panel with an extra unmarked 15 amp fuse in the 9th slot, what is that for?
    8. Has anyone else noticed the error in the System Report for Compass Connect? The 'Monitor Panel' is a 'Grey Tank 2'
    System Report for Compass Connect
    Name Online Device Type Part Number Product
    Awning Offline Momentary H-Bridge (type 2) 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Ceiling Light Offline Latching Relay (type 2) 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Exterior Light Offline Latching Relay (type 2) 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    RV Tank 1 Offline Tank Sensor mopeka BOTTLECHECK Wireless LP Tank Sensor
    RV Tank 2 Offline Tank Sensor mopeka BOTTLECHECK Wireless LP Tank Sensor
    Grey Tank 2 Offline Monitor Panel 26202-G Monitor Panel 6x9 Assembly
    GateWay RvLink Offline Bluetooth Gateway Bluetooth Gateway Daughter Board RvLink ESP32 Programmed PCBA
    Water Pump Offline Latching Relay (type 2) 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Slide 1 Offline Momentary H-Bridge (type 2) 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Slide 2 Offline Momentary H-Bridge (type 2) 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Black Tank Offline Tank Sensor 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Fresh Tank Offline Tank Sensor 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Grey Tank 1 Offline Tank Sensor 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Grey Tank 2 Offline Tank Sensor 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Electric Water Heater Offline Latching Relay (type 2) 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly
    Gas Water Heater Offline Latching Relay (type 2) 26258-H Multifunction Unity X180T Assembly

One more thing, has anyone noticed the 'Essentials Checklist' within the RV Health Check​ - you can click on it and get a TODO list.- It appears that 'Checklists' on the All main screen leverages that information.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
    DJ
    2022 GD Imagine 2670MK 2023 F-150 6 Lariat 3.5L Eco Blue Ox Sway Pro
    Darren & Kristy + Mojo Canada

1/ No modem. Unity communicates via bluetooth to your phone. From your phone to GD
    2/ N/A
    3/ Message is from Unity bd. If battery is above a certain voltage (I think 12.7v) it sends out ok signal via bluetooth to your phone. (and all other msgs)
    4/ Don't think so.
    5/ Not familiar with Bob's home assistant
    6/ That daughter board is on the Unity I believe.
    7/ Spare is for you to do anything you want. Do a mod that requires 120vac? Maybe source power from there.
    8/ I have not. But I have two grey tanks.

Sounds like you will have a thorough understanding of your Imagine by the time you go out for the first camping trip. Most initial questions from new owners are much more basic...like a question about the battery disconnect switch....that doesn't disconnect the battery completely....lol
    Actually this is the first I heard Imagine trailers having a Unity controller. Must have started in 2022.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by d-jeffrey View Post
      One more thing, has anyone noticed the 'Essentials Checklist' within the RV Health Check​ - you can click on it and get a TODO list.- It appears that 'Checklists' on the All main screen leverages that information.
      I have no idea what this is--can you expound a bit?

Also, question 7 combines the term "breaker" and "fuse". Circuit breakers are used in the 120vAC circuits, fuses are used in the 12vDC circuits. I've never known GD to insert a spare anything (except maybe tire), so are you sure nothing is powered off of the "spare" circuit?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Scott and Howard,

I was looking at the pictures I snapped and noticed the extra fuse (unless I can't count). I will have go out and see if there is a wire connected to it.

I'm not sure if I should be pleased or disappointed that there is no Wi-Fi based controller in there. On one hand, I don't have to build a network which connects that with the Starlink and keeps everything working, on the other hand, I will have to spend time on CANBUS to get any signals off anything. I was really hoping I could easily add a Home Assistant in there (even if my wife does not understand how 'useful' it would be😏).

I'm `missing` all kinds of measurements and controls on a single console:
        • Solar Charging
        • Real Battery Level
        • Fridge temperature
        • Weather
        • Starlink signal quality
        • General battery power consumption
        • Turning on the light over the theater seats (which my wife cannot reach)
        • Controlling the Stereo
        I have skills for getting there (maybe not as much experienced as bob and others).

It turned out that they did include an extra fuse, go figure.
        Last edited by d-jeffrey; 04-10-2023, 03:12 PM. Reason: Update after checking
        2022 GD Imagine 2670MK 2023 F-150 6 Lariat 3.5L Eco Blue Ox Sway Pro
        Darren & Kristy + Mojo Canada

Comment

Working...
        X