Norcold fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold fridge

Hello, I have a 2118SS Norcold fridge and the outside fan keeps cycling on and off. About 15 seconds on and 10 seconds off. Outside temp is 72 F. Just checking to see if its normal.
    Thank you..
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Originally posted by Jeff Barta View Post
    Hello, I have a 2118SS Norcold fridge and the outside fan keeps cycling on and off. About 15 seconds on and 10 seconds off. Outside temp is 72 F. Just checking to see if its normal.
    Thank you..
    I have the same fridge and my fans don't cycle like that. The start and run for some time before shutting off. I have not timed it but they do run for much longer and don't cycle.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

You have an issue with the temp switch. Deadband is too narrow. A new switch will cure the problem....probably.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

The temp switch is located on the left fin of the outdoor condenser fin. You can access it by removing the upper outside vent. EVERYTHING is HOT up there. Put on a long sleeve shirt. Reach way to the left to find the two wires and the switch. To verify that the switch is bad you can remove both wires (somehow secure them so that they don't drop down) and connect them together and observe if that fixes your issue. Here's a JPG from the Service Manual that shows the switch and wires and location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Manual Norcold 2118 English_Page_10-1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	110129
        Attached Files
        Pat and Karen
        2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

thank you. today its working fine ?????
          "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
          2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
          2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
          2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Barta View Post
            thank you. today its working fine ?????
            Perhaps a loose connection on the switch....but that would probably be more random than the cyclical 10 seconds on, 15 seconds off you described earlier.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
            X