Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does app work in Lippert 1 control 5 miles away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does app work in Lippert 1 control 5 miles away?

Lippert one control app on phone allows me to set generator start if temp or battery level reaches set level. Calling tech support cannot be done at panel and since Bluetooth is used have to be roughly 30 feet to unit.
    I asked what good is that if I drive 5 mlles away?
    I will set and see if Tech gave wrong answer, or does anybody know that it will/ won’t work?
    Suggested to tech that he would get a promotion by fixing it so that a update could be done to panel so I don’t have to get a AGS for my unit.
    Which if I do what is a good one? I have a Onan generator.
    Thanks for reading😀

ErieTuna

According to https://www.bluetooth.com/learn-abou...ributes/range/ , The effective, reliable range between Bluetooth devices is anywhere from more than a kilometer down to less than a meter. What you want is for the Lippert system to work over the internet or cell system. To my knowledge a Lippert-compatible setup does not exist .
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

OneControl by Lippert puts you in control of your RVing experience. Control lighting, slide-outs, awnings, leveling and HVAC systems all with the OneControl app.* Certain 2019 models can be upgraded to OneControl’s ConnectAnywhere technology, adding a 4G LTE hotspot while allowing you to control and monitor certain RV functions anywhere you have a cellular connection. Stream your favorite movies, play online video games, or simply stay connected anywhere the road may take you with OneControl ConnectAnywhere
      I found this searching the internet. When I was talking to the tech guy at Lippert he said there was nothing. Must be new or product is not available anymore.

Comment

In order for you to use Connect anywhere with One control, you'll need to install the Connect Anywhere hardware (if not already installed), and purchase a data plan. The attached website shows which units by model year are equipped to handle the upgrade. Refer to the archive section to see if your unit is prepped. In 2019, it seems to be limited to Momentums.

https://store.lci1.com/connectanywhere-upgrade

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X