Installing 3rd Party Router in 2023 278BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing 3rd Party Router in 2023 278BH

We are total RV newbies and would like to utilize the factory installed antenna in our 2023 278BH, but don't want to use the GD affiliated internet provider. Has anyone else done this, or do we have to install a new antenna?
    Thanks!

Pecos Bill
    2023 GD 278BH
    2023 RAM 3500 Cummins

Originally posted by PecosBill View Post
    We are total RV newbies and would like to utilize the factory installed antenna in our 2023 278BH, but don't want to use the GD affiliated internet provider. Has anyone else done this, or do we have to install a new antenna?
    Thanks!

Pecos Bill
    2023 GD 278BH
    2023 RAM 3500 Cummins
    Welcome to the forum! I think the factory antenna is meant for an integrated router, as far as I know everyone who has gone with a third party (myself included) has gone with a different antenna as well. Honestly if you are going with a third party router, you will get better results from a antenna that is matched to it anyway, like a Parsec or Poynting. Then you can match the number of needed antenna elements and whatnot depending on the number of modems you have (assuming you are going with a Peplink or similar).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks Neil, we'll look at going that direction.

Comment

Working...
      X