Furrion 12 volt fridge vibration FCR08DCGTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 12 volt fridge vibration FCR08DCGTA

Sounds like a truck driving by when it starts up. Smooths out a minute or so later. I pulled it out and didn’t see (didn't try to tighten anything either) any issues with the rubber isolators on the bottom of the compressor. Added bracing on the wall to the right as it contributed to the noise. Added support under the floor. Now it still vibrates and sounds like a distant truck when it first starts up but it’s not as loud. Otherwise it works great. Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?​
    2023 Trancend 240ML
    Equalizer 10K WDH
    2018 F150 V8

emcee Congratulations(?) -- I didn't think it was possible but you've found a new issue (at least for me) with a Furrion refrigerator. Normally it's a cooling issue (as you probably know) but from the description it seems to staying cold.

For what's it's worth, the compressor (as you suspect) is the likely culprit and the likely remedy is a replacing the entire refrigerator.

Please follow-up with the eventual fix.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Could be a loose compressor shaking the structure. Could be loose refrigerant plumbing rattling around.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

emcee When you inspected the isolators on the compressor were there fasteners through any of them? If so, it could be possible that the fastener is too tight or is rubbed through.

You also state when it starts, does the noise go away over time?

Also can you tell if the wall is contacting the unit? If so, this may be the key. You could try a pool noodle or pipe insulation to create constant pressure and contact (this could eliminate or intensify the noise).
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Emcee, We have the same startup compressor noise you mention, whereas the compressor sounds very loud at first and then goes through three or four cycles of lessening noise until what I suspect is normal operating noise. The fridge works beautifully but I am surprised it would be engineered this way - to be so loud at first. I am curious how this Furrion fridge sounds to more folks to hear if this is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by GnC-adventures View Post
            Emcee, We have the same startup compressor noise you mention, whereas the compressor sounds very loud at first and then goes through three or four cycles of lessening noise until what I suspect is normal operating noise. The fridge works beautifully but I am surprised it would be engineered this way - to be so loud at first. I am curious how this Furrion fridge sounds to more folks to hear if this is normal.
            Can either you or emcee post a short video so we can hear what you're writing about? That will give others a baseline to compare, too.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Can either you or emcee post a short video so we can hear what you're writing about? That will give others a baseline to compare, too.
              A video isn't going to capture it. It's a deep vibration like a clothes washing machine spinning fast with an unbalanced load - you can feel as much as you can hear.

I'm going to pull the fridge out again and take a closer look. I didn't run it last time I had it out as I was working on the assumption that something was wrong with the installation or the materials around the fridge.
              2023 Trancend 240ML
              Equalizer 10K WDH
              2018 F150 V8

Comment

Ok it's fixed. Nothing wrong with the refrigerator. When I took the refrigerator out, and ran it this time (critical omission last time), there was no noise. It was what I suspected the first time but did not adequately address. The vibration from the compressor was being transmitted directly to the wooden cabinet around the refrigerator. So I added 1/4" rubber between where the refrigerator contacts the wood below and behind the trim at the top. So the primary fix was a 5" x 24" strip of rubber set (with 2 sided tape on the wood platform that supports the refrigerator) 21" back from the front of the refrigerator. Virtually no vibration now. 😅
                2023 Trancend 240ML
                Equalizer 10K WDH
                2018 F150 V8

Comment

Working...
                X