Furrion 12v Fridge Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 12v Fridge Not Working

Of course we are getting ready for a 2 week trip leaving in a week and we went out to start up our fridge and nothing! The light is on, but when you turn the dial nothing happens. The fridge doesn’t turn on or make any noise whatsoever. Anyone else have this issue? We replaced the fuse just for kicks, but with the light on that is obviously not our issue. Literally fourth trip out and maybe the 12th or 13th issue we’ve had with this camper!
    Sam, Steph & Zoey
    2022 Imagine 2500 RL
    2015 Toyota Tundra

Sam,

This is a very common issue and very easy to resolve. Follow these steps.

1. Disconnect from shore power.
    2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
    3. Make sure that your solar power is not connected.
    4. Wait 3-5 minutes.
    5. Reconnect the solar, battery, and shore power and your compressor should fire right up. We aren't certain what's causing the issue, but this reboot procedure seems to work 99% of the time.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Hi Jim,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This worked for us! We disconnected the shore power and batteries yesterday at the request of our dealer, but did not disengage the solar. Any idea if GD is trying to come up with a solution so this doesn’t happen?

Sam
      Sam, Steph & Zoey
      2022 Imagine 2500 RL
      2015 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Sam. I'll discuss it with GDRV and let you know what I find out. My suspicion is that the refrigerator is seeing low battery voltage and shutting off as designed. When the battery voltage comes back up, you need to "reboot" in order to get it restarted.

Until I get the latest info, I'd suggest you monitor your battery voltage and never let it get below 12.2V.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Sounds good, thanks again Jim! Saved a lot of stress for our trip. Our battery was reading 13.3 when we had the issue so not sure about the voltage being a cause.
          Sam, Steph & Zoey
          2022 Imagine 2500 RL
          2015 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Hey Everyone, Just a note. If the fridge was off and wasn't fully powered off (all power sources removed), the fridge will take up to 10 minutes for the compressor to kick in. This is a safety feature to prevent the compressor from damage.
            We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
            2022 Reflection 303RLS
            2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

Will try this protocol today on my 2023 Transcend. Thank you!🤞

Comment

I had a similar experience and finally figured out that the battery off switch did not cut power to the fridge. (not a Grand Design) Apparently many units were sent out the door this way and I heard they have since made the cut off switch actually cut off EVERYTHING. The power drain caused the fridge to do a partial shutdown but of course the software neglects to detect a return to normal voltage situation. A hard reboot with battery disconnected worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                X