AM radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM radio

Maybe not hugely important but our AM radio has never worked. I'm guessing the antenna is not hooked up because it has power and all the other functions work. Where would I find the antenna?
    We use AM radio to listen to football games when they're not on tv
    2021 2600RB

AM radios are almost universally junk. Get a C. Crane radio and forget the cheap one
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
      Maybe not hugely important but our AM radio has never worked. I'm guessing the antenna is not hooked up because it has power and all the other functions work. Where would I find the antenna?
      If the FM side works I would guess that the antenna is hooked up, pulling the radio out will confirm if the antenna is is plugged in. I believe, or it should be, the antenna is hooked to the tv antenna. If there is not an antenna wire behind the radio one could be added.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

What specific radio is installed in your GD and what is on the roof--a Winegard? If so, which model?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Has the Jensen sound system and the Wineguard Air 360, model A3-1035. I see in the Wineguard guide that AM antenna is only offered in some models.
          Maybe not ment to be. Thanks for the help
          2021 2600RB

Comment

Has the Jensen sound system and the Wineguard Air 360, model A3-1035. I see in the Wineguard guide that AM antenna is only offered in some models.
            Maybe not ment to be. Thanks for the help
            Very strange--the manual doesn't specify which models come with AM/FM and which ones do not. Such an inexpensive component you'd think it wouldn't be an option.

It's not unusual for the coax connections (from the Winegard to the Jensen) to be loose. When I tracked down all the connections in my 315RLTS I found the majority weren't tight.

In addition, the signal booster is on when you're attempting to get AM stations, right? (Should be off when trying to watch cable TV.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	228
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	117499
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just a WAG, but if the AM antenna is in the Winegaurd, should the antenna signal booster be on when using the radio?
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I would have to open the slide and pull out the power booster for the 360 plus that I replaced. IIRC there is an FM antenna plug on the back of the booster to keep from needing to run 2 cables from the roof down to the TV area.

If I think about it tonight I'll run the slide out and take a picture of the booster.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Click image for larger version

Views:	154
Size:	420.7 KB
ID:	117586Click image for larger version

Views:	137
Size:	834.1 KB
ID:	117587

The note in the installation manual. The second Coax line is for the sat port on the side of the 360+. The wall plate, power switch, FM adapter, and screws (not shown) were in the box with the new 360+.

The back of the wall plate has 3 coax ports. One in and two out. one of the outs goes to the FM and the other feeds the rest of the camper.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Really appreciate all the help. I will check out the things that have been mentioned.
                    2021 2600RB

Comment

Working...
                    X