Norcold 1210T not cooling on propane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 1210T not cooling on propane

Our 311BHS has Norcold Model 1210T refrigerator that originally would not get cold, diagnosed and found a bad heater. Replaced a heater and now it works great on Electrical. Now not cooling on LP.

While on propane, flame is burning very strong, but fridge or freezer getting cold.

Any ideas what to check next?

Originally posted by TomTully View Post
    Our 311BHS has Norcold Model 1210T refrigerator that originally would not get cold, diagnosed and found a bad heater. Replaced a heater and now it works great on Electrical. Now not cooling on LP.

While on propane, flame is burning very strong, but fridge or freezer getting cold.

That's strange, the cooling mechanism is usually the same on both, the heat source just varies. If you're getting got fire out of the propane I'd suggest contacting the dealer who changed the heater.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

My guess is the propane boiler (or "generator") is not making physical contact with the pump tube (see below).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	136
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	118272
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/propane...ulty-regulator

check out the link above with suggestions…especially the propane pressure check.
        I have the same fridge with the same issues. Was thinking it was the regulator now me thinks it may be the boiler not contacting the pump tube.
        fridge runs fine now on propane after 4 hours of bumping roads.maybe the jostling fixed the issue.

I don’t know what a strong flame is nor how to determine the temperature in terms of getting enough heat to boil the liquid.

take care.

great feed back from the folks on this forum…many thanks to them.

coops🇨🇦
        Cooper
        2021 303RLS
        2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Comment

Working...
        X