Securing 16 cubic Ft Refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing 16 cubic Ft Refrigerator

It's been a year or so since this question was asked but has anyone been advised by Grande Design as to how too secure the 16 ft Furion refrigerator . Last I heard from the forum was the only factory recommendation was to continue to depend on the two # 9 screws to hold it in place.
    I keep expecting the refrigerator to fall over during transit and would like to hear about a factory fix that would be more secure.

Pease let me know,

Bill
    Bill and Shannon
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 F250, 6.7

Well there are four screws at the top of my Dometic. Nothing up there on the Furion?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott/Wendy,

Nothing secures the Top of Furrion side by side. I seriously expect it to be laying on the center island some day.

Bill

Bill and Shannon
      2022 Reflection 303RLS
      2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by On The Fly View Post
        Scott/Wendy,

Nothing secures the Top of Furrion side by side. I seriously expect it to be laying on the center island some day.

Bill
        I've been driving all over for the past year with mine and it hasn't moved at all. I did wedge a block of wood on the right side to force the fridge 1/4" closer to the stove for door opening clearance but mine definitely does not move and we spend allot of time on forest roads and in the woods boondocking.
        40-year Camping Enthusiast
        2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

've been driving all over for the past year with mine and it hasn't moved at all. I did wedge a block of wood on the right side to force the fridge 1/4" closer to the stove for door opening clearance but mine definitely does not move and we spend allot of time on forest roads and in the woods boondocking.

So what secures your furrion refrigerator to the moving trailer. Mine has two number 8 screws holding the front of the refrigerator to the floor. Also, their are no leveling legs on the refrigerator that what eliminate some rocking motion.
          I contacted GD and Furrion and neither could provide leveling legs. I also would ask why a 70K trailer needs a block of wood on the side of the refrigerator to keep it square to the cabinet.

Bill
          Bill and Shannon
          2022 Reflection 303RLS
          2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

So what secures your furrion refrigerator to the moving trailer. Mine has two number 8 screws holding the front of the refrigerator to the floor. Also, their are no leveling legs on the refrigerator that what eliminate some rocking motion.
            I contacted GD and Furrion and neither could provide leveling legs. I also would ask why a 70K trailer needs a block of wood on the side of the refrigerator to keep it square to the cabinet.

Bill
            I will check closer to see if I have any other screws.....but don't know that I do. As far as the "why" behind something like that.....I have learned in 25+ years of RV ownership not to dwell on how we got here but to address the issue and move on. I have combed over my new Reflection front to rear and addressed several things I didn't like or could have been done better. I now have the confidence I need to sleep at night and depend on the camper and it's systems in the middle of nowhere. Each person has to determine their own path forward and strategy that works for them. Mine is to address everything myself rather than ever setting foot in a dealership.
            40-year Camping Enthusiast
            2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
            2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

I agree with attempting to repair things myself and not depend on a dealership. However, i'm out of ideas on how to safely secure the furrion refrigerator and I'm looking for suggestions from people that have resolved this problem.

Thanks
              Bill and Shannon
              2022 Reflection 303RLS
              2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

I agree with attempting to repair things myself and not depend on a dealership. However, i'm out of ideas on how to safely secure the furrion refrigerator and I'm looking for suggestions from people that have resolved this problem.

Thanks
                How about a squirt of Window&Door spray foam at the top corners?

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

How about a squirt of Window&Door spray foam at the top corners?
                  I'm having trouble visualizing how this would hold a 200 pound refrigerator in place. Or would the foam protect the refrigerator from being damaged when it falls out of the opening?

It would be helpful to me if you could expound upon your proposed fix.

Thanks
                  Bill and Shannon
                  2022 Reflection 303RLS
                  2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

The Furrion fridge in my 2022 337 RLS has the two screws through the bottom door hinges into the slide floor. There is also a strip of wood screwed to the floor in front of the hinges. On top of the fridge is a block of wood screwed to the slide ceiling to help prevent the fridge from tipping over. Several issues here. When the slide is out all is tight. When the slide is in as in travel mode the slide floor sags resulting in the fridge dropping away from the block of wood at the top. I'm concerned if I make the top block tight when the slide is in I will put too much pressure on the slide roof when the slide goes out. Also I have been chasing a rattling noise in this fridge. I removed the fridge to see if I could find what is making the noise to no avail. When I pull on the right upper corner/door the noise stops. I put a piece of luan under the rear of the fridge and that helped a little but the noise is still there. There are no legs or adjustment in the rear. I think something is rattling inside the right wall of the fridge. I also discovered two holes in the left sidewall of the fridge from the adjacent wall outlet screws being too long. We like the fridge overall but it and it's installation have been a pain in the behind.
                    Tony
                    2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
                    2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Comment

Working...
                    X