Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winterizing? Have a Splendide Washer? Drain the Pump!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing? Have a Splendide Washer? Drain the Pump!

'Tis the season to winterize! If you have a Splendide washer (or likely any washer in your rig) don't forget to drain the pump and the water supply lines connected to the back of the washer.

Below is a shot of me using a WetDry vac to suck up the water coming out of the pump drain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	140
Size:	824.4 KB
ID:	123051

Then follow up with the RV-type antifreeze as directed in Splendide's instructions (attached for your convenience).

Splendide ARWXF129W Washer Wint - Splendide.pdf

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

I use the process from the Splendifde manual. Photo attached.

Simple, no need to drain the pump, and a good CYA, “did as specified by the manufacturer.”

Attached Files
    Colan Arnold
    2016 Momentum 397TH
    Full time since 2016

Comment

Originally posted by colan View Post
      I use the process from the Splendifde manual. Photo attached.

Simple, no need to drain the pump, and a good CYA, “did as specified by the manufacturer.”
      Yep -- noted at the end of the post, Colan. I even uploaded the PDF. (Must have missed it under the picture?)

I showed draining the pump 'cause it's a "good to know" feature/option even in a non-freezing condition. The water in that pump gets mighty stinky if it sits in there for too long. Draining it is part of my "Arrive at Home After a Trip List" regardless of the time of year.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Understand the emptying the pump when not planning to use the washer for a while. When winterizing emptying the pum isn’t necessary the winterizing fluid runs through the pump displacing the water.
        Colan Arnold
        2016 Momentum 397TH
        Full time since 2016

Comment

When we had our first Splendide and the trailer was stored outside I must have forgot to run the machine to pump out the antifreeze in the drum. There must have been some water left in it because the next spring I ended up having to replace the pump due to a bad seal. Live and learn.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
          X