Need help with Haloview BT7 and 22MLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Haloview BT7 and 22MLE

I am hooking up a backup camera for me 22MLE. I purchased the Haloview BT7 that includes the BTC128 camera.

I am having trouble figuring out which wire from the camera goes to what on the camera. I know some of you have installed this before and can use some advice.

I checked out YouTube and no one clearly showed the wiring that I found

Thanks
    Brian​
    Brian Boulden
    2020 22MLE
    2020 Silverado 2500 HD
    Ham Radio W4BJB
    GMRS Radio WRTE415​

Originally posted by bjboulden View Post
    ...which wire from the camera goes to what on the camera.​
    Hi Brian,
    For clarification, do you mean camera to camper wiring? In that case is the issue where to get power (and a return, or "ground")?

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to setup your signature line per the Welcome Letter (linked off the home page).

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi there.

I just installed this camera on our Solitude. Does your 22MLE have a preinstalled Furrion camera port? If so, the Haloview box has an adapter that allows you to connect between the camera and the Furrion wiring. BTW, the Halowiew is the best observation camera I've ever used. It's crystal clear and much better than the Furrion or Amtifo I've used in the past.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

These were the visible wires. I am just very unclear about where or how to hook them up to the adapter (or which adapter) to the camera

Everything I have read said this is easy. Clearly, I’m missing some thing,that is right in front of me.
        Brian Boulden
        2020 22MLE
        2020 Silverado 2500 HD
        Ham Radio W4BJB
        GMRS Radio WRTE415​

Comment

Normally, there is a plug that tees off those wires for the Furrion camera. The wires you show are the wires for the clearance lights. The camera is wired so that power is applied when the clearance lights are activated. There are two possible scenarios here.

1. The plug is hidden inside the hole and you'll need to do some fishing to get it out.
          2. Someone removed the camera plug and connected the wires together with those red butt connectors. If that's the case, plug in your seven way connector to the tow vehicle and activate the clearance lights. Use a volt meter to determine the +12V and ground. Then, splice the Haloview plug into the wires to power your camera.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Ok I lost you on #2. That’s way over my head. Seven way connector?

Yes the gentleman who owned it before hooked up a camera but removed it prior to selling it to me

Ill Fish for a lead in the hole. Hopefully it is there
            Last edited by bjboulden; 11-24-2023, 02:44 PM.
            Brian Boulden
            2020 22MLE
            2020 Silverado 2500 HD
            Ham Radio W4BJB
            GMRS Radio WRTE415​

Comment

7way is the tow vehicle plug. You will need to hook the camper to the tow vehicle and turn on the parking lights to supply power to the rear marker lights. Once the trailer marker lights are on you can then use a multi meter (as long as you know how it works and are comfortable with working on LIVE low voltage circuits) to determine polarity of the wiring.

My initial thought is the green wires is the positive power (normally the green wires is right turn) as white is typically ground (negative) in lighting wiring on trailers.

Picture of 7 way.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	119
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	124147
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Awwww. I was thinking a set of wires in the back with the camera
                Brian Boulden
                2020 22MLE
                2020 Silverado 2500 HD
                Ham Radio W4BJB
                GMRS Radio WRTE415​

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                  Hi there.

I just installed this camera on our Solitude. Does your 22MLE have a preinstalled Furrion camera port? If so, the Haloview box has an adapter that allows you to connect between the camera and the Furrion wiring. BTW, the Halowiew is the best observation camera I've ever used. It's crystal clear and much better than the Furrion or Amtifo I've used in the past.

Jim
                  Jim,
                  Looks like the Haloview is a semi-wired camera system with the trailer wired, and a transmitter near the front cap of the trailer. Have you found a good fully wireless system you can point me towards?
                  Ted
                  Last edited by tvantuyl; 11-26-2023, 08:59 AM. Reason: add sig
                  2023 337RLS (pickup next week)
                  2017 RAM 3500 SRW Limited
                  Our 11th RV (last?)

Comment

tvantuyl

Ted - The Haloview I'm using transmits from the camera to the monitor wirelessly. You need to supply 12V power to the camera and to the monitor though.

For the camera, the power is typically provided through the rear camera mount on your 337. Grand Design wires the rear clearance lights to the camera mount. When you plug in the 7-way connector and turn on the parking or headlights, the camera is powered up. The Haloview has adapters that allow you to connect between the Furrion wire socket and the camera.

For the monitor, simply plug it into a 12V outlet in your Ram.

We did have some drop out of the signal, but after adjusting the antenna angles, it got much better.

Jim
                    Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
                    X