Furrion 12V fridge ice maker not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 12V fridge ice maker not working

I have a '23 Solitude 310GK with a Furrion 19.6 CuFt 12VDC fridge and the ice maker has stopped working. We lived in it all last summer and had no issues with making ice but after storing it for a month after our return to FL the ice maker stopped flowing water into the tray. I have attempted all the recommended TS'ing including a hard restart of the fridge with no joy. The freezer gets plenty cold and the door sensor is closing properly. I have an appointment to visit the dealer service in 2 weeks but not thrilled about leaving it at the service center during the prime Fl camping season. Has anyone had a similar experience and found a way to kick start the ice maker?
    Mike & Shirley
    2023 Solitude 310GK
    Formerly 2021 Reflection 32MKS
    2021 F250 King Ranch w/ High Capacity Tow Package and Firestone Air Bags
    Anderson Hitch

Have you tried defrosting the unit (basically give it a day or two completely off with the doors open).

Back several hundred moons ago, neighbors lost water pressure in their home. Their ice maker quit working and the repair guy came out to fix a couple of things. On the Ice maker he basically pulled the covers off and had to "thaw out" the water feed line to the solenoid valve. There was just enough of it exposed in the freezer that it froze making a nice little plug that would not let water through.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

There are two ways to shut off that ice maker that may be involved.

1. Make sure the lever arm on the ice maker is in the down position. If it's been lifted to the top, it will shut off.
      2. On the slide out, there should be a water shut off lever on the water hose. Make sure it hasn't been rotated to the off position.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I completely defrosted with power off for a week and restarted but was thinking that if the water isn't drained back from the ice maker then it would just freeze again when the freezer temp gets low enough for the ice maker to turn onto start making ice.
        On my water control panel I have a valve switch that turns off the ice maker water for winterizing but it's been on since I took delivery in May. I did not see a shut off valve on the slide out water line. Where specifically is it? I was tempted to open the connection between the slide out water supply line and the smaller diameter water line that runs up thru the floor of the slide. I thought maybe I need to drain water back from the ice maker but thought I should ask here first. I have called both Furrion and GD to see if they can recommend anything but GD says I need to take it to a service center 100 miles away. I have an appointment 12/27.
        Mike & Shirley
        2023 Solitude 310GK
        Formerly 2021 Reflection 32MKS
        2021 F250 King Ranch w/ High Capacity Tow Package and Firestone Air Bags
        Anderson Hitch

Comment

Tadlur - Yes, the hose shut off is actually in the water bay. For water to flow, it needs to be set horizontally.

Now here's something interesting. While looking into your question, I downloaded the the Furrion manual. For winterizing the ice maker they say

"In addition to following your RV manufacturers instruction:
          1. Turn on your refrigerator and Icemaker.
          2. Purge freshwater through the ice maker with several rounds of ice production
          3. Continue ice production until ice is clear, and antifreeze has been purged.
          4. Discard ice."

So my question is - How do you purge fresh water through the ice maker with several rounds of ice production if the water line is full of antifreeze? Won't the antifreeze prevent the ice from forming in the first place?

But back to your problem. The manual says that the water pressure should be between 29 and 100 psi. If you're lower than 29 psi, it may not pump water into the tray.
          And I agree that the next step would be to disconnect the line where it goes into the small line to see if you have good water flow.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
            Tadlur - Yes, the hose shut off is actually in the water bay. For water to flow, it needs to be set horizontally.

Now here's something interesting. While looking into your question, I downloaded the the Furrion manual. For winterizing the ice maker they say

"In addition to following your RV manufacturers instruction:
            1. Turn on your refrigerator and Icemaker.
            2. Purge freshwater through the ice maker with several rounds of ice production
            3. Continue ice production until ice is clear, and antifreeze has been purged.
            4. Discard ice."

So my question is - How do you purge fresh water through the ice maker with several rounds of ice production if the water line is full of antifreeze? Won't the antifreeze prevent the ice from forming in the first place?

But back to your problem. The manual says that the water pressure should be between 29 and 100 psi. If you're lower than 29 psi, it may not pump water into the tray.
            And I agree that the next step would be to disconnect the line where it goes into the small line to see if you have good water flow.

Jim
            Maybe they don't have a word for pink slush in Chinese?
            2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Did you ever get this resolved? We are having the same problem with our 2023 310GK. The ice maker worked fine for a couple months. Then we turned it off as we weren't using any ice over the winter. Now that we'd like ice again, it's not working. Lever is down, water valve is turned on, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by esjacoby77 View Post
                Did you ever get this resolved? We are having the same problem with our 2023 310GK. The ice maker worked fine for a couple months. Then we turned it off as we weren't using any ice over the winter. Now that we'd like ice again, it's not working. Lever is down, water valve is turned on, etc.
                TucsonJim -- I think this is directed at you?

esjacoby77 -- please check out the Welcome Letter where you'll learn about tagging (or quoting) and other ways to maximize the utility of this forum. (Welcome!)

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

esjacoby77 - I never received communication that I believe adequately addresses proper winterizing of the ice maker. I'm not sure why yours would not be working if you have adequate water pressure, the valve on the panel is on, and the ice maker lever is down. i would suggest you unscrew the hose that is under the slide to see if water is flowing.

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
                  X