Furion Tankless water heater E1 error code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furion Tankless water heater E1 error code

We have a 2024 Momentum 320G with the Furion Tankless water heater and when it rains the heater will ignite and cut off right away with an E1 error code.

Originally posted by roger88 View Post
    We have a 2024 Momentum 320G with the Furion Tankless water heater and when it rains the heater will ignite and cut off right away with an E1 error code.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	128475

Interesting that this only happens when it rains. Have you checked around the edge of the WH to ensure the sealant is good? Based on symptoms and what's being stated, first thing I'd look for is water penetration into the interior of the WH. The intrusion of moisture could be above the WH, too, from a leak in the roof or other exterior component. (Water leaks can be quite the pain to track down.)

Have you tried duplicating the problem with a water hose sprayer (simulating "rain" on the outside of the RV)? Forgive me stating the obvious, but I don't mean spraying into the WH--I'd spray above and around with a light mist to try and find a way to duplicate the problem consistently.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The Furrion water heater is designed to cycle from time to time when the temperatures get to a certain point. I'm not sure what that temperature is, but I've noticed it cycling on mine at 50°F. I also get the E1 error if there is not adequate propane flow when it does its cycling. I resolved it by turning the water heater off, making sure I had good propane flow to the stove, then turning the water heater back on. Once you've confirmed you have good flow to the stove, it should have good propane flow to the water heater.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I built a small shade (out of cardboard) and taped it over the water heater access door. The next 2 times it rained I had no issues.
        Then I removed the shade and the next time it rained the condition returned.

Comment

Originally posted by roger88 View Post
          I built a small shade (out of cardboard) and taped it over the water heater access door. The next 2 times it rained I had no issues.
          Then I removed the shade and the next time it rained the condition returned.
          Great. Now I need to put an awning over my water heater vent!!! Dang.

Seriously, that's very interesting.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X