Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Volt Furrion refrigerator not cooling

Hi
    We just purchased a new 2024 reflection 150 295Rl. As we were packing for our first trip in two days we noticed the refrigerator is not cold inside. It’s a 10 cubic foot 12 volt Furrion. It’s been plugged into shore power for two weeks and the battery is fully charged with good voltage. The light on the fridge comes on when the door is open and it sounds like a fan or maybe (compressor) is running, but it’s not cold. We even left a glass of water in the freezer for two days and it’s just cool, but not cold or frozen. I’ve unplugged the shore power and disconnected the battery for 10-15 minutes in hopes of a reset but with no luck. Am I missing something? Any advise?

Hi Arays1 . Welcome to the forum. Fortunately, most of the time, the solution for this issue is quite simple. You need to "reboot" the refrigerator. Since the light is illuminating, the fuse for the refrigerator is okay and it's getting 12V. We aren't sure why the refrigerator goes into this failure mode, but rebooting will typically clear the problem.

At the bottom of the refrigerator, there should be a fuse that you can remove. Pull that fuse, wait 60 seconds, and plug the fuse back in. This will allow the refrigerator to restart and it should run fine.

See the photo below for the assumed location of the fuse on your unit. (Thanks to howson for the photo).

Note: If you can't locate the fuse, let us know and we can give you information on how to correctly remove power from the refrigerator to reboot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reefer.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	130127

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you for the tip. I just tried that with fingers crossed. Ill check it again in a little while.

Comment

Unfortunately removing the fuse and replacing it did not work. The light still comes on and the fan runs, but it’s still not cooling. I left a bucket of ice in the freezer and this morning was melted. Any other ideas?

Comment

Was the refrigerator working when you did your pre-delivery inspection? In any case I would give your dealer a chance to repair and or replace the unit.
          2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Check the setting to ensure it's set low enough? You may have accidentally turned the temp setting too high and it will not keep the inside cold.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Try turning the setting knob just above the "dry camping" setting if you have that, do not turn it the whole way up.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
              X