Furrion Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Fail

I have 2022 2800bh with a furrion FCR10DCGTA-​10 cubic foot 12v fridge​. The second one I’ve had installed because the first one stopped cooling in the fridge portion. Now my new one stopped working right before our first outing this year. This one the light is on but zero cooling in either freezer or fridge. I’ve done the hard resets, checked fuses, multiple times. Has anyone else experienced a replacement failing to run?
    2022 2800BH
    2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Originally posted by Jlarrieu View Post
    I have 2022 2800bh with a furrion FCR10DCGTA-​10 cubic foot 12v fridge​. The second one I’ve had installed because the first one stopped cooling in the fridge portion. Now my new one stopped working right before our first outing this year. This one the light is on but zero cooling in either freezer or fridge. I’ve done the hard resets, checked fuses, multiple times. Has anyone else experienced a replacement failing to run?
    Unfortunately it could be the control board is bad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-31 152928.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.3 KB ID:	131261

Sorry for the crooked picture, but it's under a cover on the top of the unit, back right rear corner. The only way to replace it (to my knowledge) is pulling out the refrigerator to gain access.

I do not know of any specific way to verify if the board is good or bad other than replacing it.

You can call GD Customer Service and see if they will send you a board, or give Lippert a call directly. Expect both (or either) to walk you through multiple troubleshooting steps (that you've already done probably) before they will concede the board is likely bad.

Why do I suspect the board? Speculation is a relatively low DC voltage in the RV (due to any number of reasons) spikes the current flowing through the board which in turn burns it out. Again -- that's MY speculation (remember I'm just an owner like you) based on what I think I know about the issue. I could absolutely be mistaken...

Howard

P.S. One final thought -- if I owned one of these refrigerators I'd be talking with Dinosaur to see if they made a replacement. Dinosaur makes solid products--highly recommended. http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Dom_boards.htm
    Last edited by howson; 03-31-2024, 03:59 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the info. Just being the second one in 2 years makes it exhausting.
      2022 2800BH
      2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Thanks for the info. Just being the second one in 2 years makes it exhausting.
        Yep. That's why I replaced the board in my Dometic WH with a Dinosaur replacement even though the OEM board hadn't failed (yet). I'd read too many threads where there'd been a failure and I didn't want to deal with it while camping. 'Cause (duh!) when else would I be using the appliance and experience a failure, right?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

I do not believe the control board is on top of the 10 cu ft fridge. I think it is on the bottom back. I know you do not want to but if you pull the fridge there is a removable panel on the back that will allow you access to the control board and there may be another fuse there.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            I do not believe the control board is on top of the 10 cu ft fridge. I think it is on the bottom back. I know you do not want to but if you pull the fridge there is a removable panel on the back that will allow you access to the control board and there may be another fuse there.

Brian
            When they installed the new fridge, I noticed a 15 amp fuse behind the front panel next to the compressor. Does that mean there are 2 fuses? Or is this the fix to not remove the fridge? Thanks for the info
            2022 2800BH
            2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

When they installed the new fridge, I noticed a 15 amp fuse behind the front panel next to the compressor. Does that mean there are 2 fuses? Or is this the fix to not remove the fridge? Thanks for the info
              They moved the fuse to that new location so you do not need to pull the fridge to check the fuse. If you want to access the control board or other electronics then you will need to pull the fridge. The early fridges had the fuse in the back, I just did not know what one you might have had.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

They moved the fuse to that new location so you do not need to pull the fridge to check the fuse. If you want to access the control board or other electronics then you will need to pull the fridge. The early fridges had the fuse in the back, I just did not know what one you might have had.

Brian
                Gotcha. Thank You
                2022 2800BH
                2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

With the light on but no cooling its not going to be the main fuse (that would kill everything). It might be a small fuse on the board if there is one (that would power the compressor) but I would doubt it. More likely to be an issue with the board as Howard suggested.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
                    With the light on but no cooling its not going to be the main fuse (that would kill everything). It might be a small fuse on the board if there is one (that would power the compressor) but I would doubt it. More likely to be an issue with the board as Howard suggested.
                    never anything easy. I’ve contacted GD as well as Furrion. It’s less than a year old so fingers crossed they just replace it yet again. Thank you for the comments.
                    2022 2800BH
                    2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Another thing that we learned is that battery voltage is key to these 12 v dc fridges. A well charged and maintained battery will give best results, even on shore power.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I do not believe the control board is on top of the 10 cu ft fridge. I think it is on the bottom back.
                        Hmm​m...the pic below was the model with the board on top as shown in my initial response post. Granted the last two characters are different, but I'd be surprised if the board is not on top as shown. But we are discussing a Furrion product, so who knows...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-01 063011.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	131312

Howard & Francine

Comment

Another thing that we learned is that battery voltage is key to these 12 v dc fridges. A well charged and maintained battery will give best results, even on shore power.

Brian
                          Ya I tried the hard reset, taken and replacing fuses, solar, battery, 50 amp. Nothing kicks the compressor on.
                          2022 2800BH
                          2022 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Comment

Working...
                          X