Camera Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Systems

We have a 2021 XLS22MLE and for the past three years had a Dohonest camera system in place. This year on our trip home the system died. Is there a general consensus on a decent camera system reasonably priced? It seems to me that the Furion system is highly over priced, or am I mistaken?

We have a Halo View BT7.
    Jim & Kathy
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
    trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

I have heard lots of good about the Halo View BT7, as mentioned above. This is what I am thinking of going to to replace the Furrion we have now, a little bigger screen would be nice.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I feel your pain. The monitor on my Furrion died on the way to Elkhart. I'm convinced the antenna cable connection inside came off - it always did rattle on the road. But of course LCI won't cover it despite complaints I put in during warranty period. So now I'm looking for something. Frustrating because the three cameras are fine, but apparently Furrion aka Lippert doesn't sell replacements for this model.
        2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
        2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

We have a Haloview RD7. Would recommend

Country Campers....I have the 7" monitor and I think it is too big.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          2021 303RLS
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
            We have a Haloview RD7. Would recommend
            Does the rear camera fit in the GD mount made for Furrion?
            2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn

Comment

Well, I never tried to fit it. It may fit but I just don't know for sure. The RD7 came with a mounting plate that has the same footprint as the Furrion mount and we used that. Without the mount it is easy to change the angle of the camera. When we are "B" training with the boat attached to the 303, I angle it down more to get a better view of the boat. When distance travelling I aim it further out to see traffic better.
              2021 303RLS

Comment

Haloview BT7 here and we are really happy with it.I had the Lippert Insight camera so the original mounting holes are not covered just filled in with sealant. Had a different Haloview on my last trailer and were happy thus the second purchase for this unit.
                Nels & Vanessa
                2022 Reflection 31MB
                2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

I think I'm going to replace with the Haloview when I get home. The frustrating part is that I think the only thing wrong with the Furrion monitor is the antenna connection came loose. It's rattle since new and I could minimize the rattle by re-orienting the antenna. I just can't figure how to pop the back cover off without breaking it - guess that really doesn't matter since it's a throw away in any case.

Lippert wants $440.95 just for a replacement monitor - that's more than the Haloview kit.

Comment

ajg617
                    This is the exact one I bought Guess it was called RD7-mini
                    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B087TLHW3T/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
                    That link is Canada so I'm guessing it is less than $400 in the States?
                    I bought the range dominator system because I wanted as little WiFi lag as possible. With aerial extension there is no discernable lag. I bought it in 2021 and there may have been improvements since and maybe the extension is not needed anymore? Still works great but as I mentioned before...the 7" monitor is too big imo. You can also add side cams at your marker lights if you want and integrate into the system later.
                    2021 303RLS

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Comment

If you have a recent model Ford truck, get the Ford Trailer Camera system. It's hard-wired and far superior to Furion.
                        Scott
                        2021 Imagine 2800BH
                        2022 F350 6.7L Lariat Tremor

Comment

I use the Haloview MC7108. It works great but I did have to buy a corded antenna for the top of the RV so the monitor is closer to it but it runs smoothly.

Bill & Cindy
                          2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
                          2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                          SE Texas

Comment

For those of you with the BT7, do you have any glitchy issues with it? I have the BT7, and I generally love it, but it tends to reboot a couple of times, usually right after turning it on. Usually about 3-4 times it will just randomly reboot, and then after that, it's good to go for the rest of the trip except for the occasional signal problem, which is pretty infrequent. I just hope it never happens when I'm crossing 3 lanes of freeway
                            Chyrrl and Rich
                            2024 XLS 23LDE
                            Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by RichSNJ View Post
                              For those of you with the BT7, do you have any glitchy issues with it? I have the BT7, and I generally love it, but it tends to reboot a couple of times, usually right after turning it on. Usually about 3-4 times it will just randomly reboot, and then after that, it's good to go for the rest of the trip except for the occasional signal problem, which is pretty infrequent. I just hope it never happens when I'm crossing 3 lanes of freeway
                              I have not had an rebooting problems with mine. I might loose the picture for a few seconds but it's rare and is most likely interference from truck traffic. I still have the small antenna that came with it and may go to a extender set up as I am about 45' from the antenna in the truck cab.
                              Nels & Vanessa
                              2022 Reflection 31MB
                              2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X