Replacing TireLinc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing TireLinc?

After dealing with this not working correctly on my maiden trip I want to install my TireMinder system in place of it. How is the TireLinc repeater wired into the 12v system? If possible I want to install the repeater for the TireMinder in it's place. I think this would be better than alligator clips onto the battery posts which is how I had it on a previous trailer.
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Just take the tire-linc base off the wall and replace with the tireminder repeater using the wires from the tire-linc
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
      Just take the tire-linc base off the wall and replace with the tireminder repeater using the wires from the tire-linc
      Thanks,

I did not want to remove everything and crawl in there until I had a plan. It is hard enough to get in there and harder to get out.
      Raymond and Dee Dee
      2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
      2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by reubenray View Post
        After dealing with this not working correctly on my maiden trip I want to install my TireMinder system in place of it. How is the TireLinc repeater wired into the 12v system?
        Good question. Unfortunately I don't know the answer. Is the TireLinc always powered? Where is the circuit protection--is there a fuse or does it connect to a self-resetting c/b? What about the battery disconnect--does the TireLinc turn off when the battery disconnect is turned off?

If you don't mind doing some investigation you could add to our corporate knowledge here by doing a few tests and answering those questions.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I replaced the TireLinc repeater with the TireMinder repeater this morning. It was easier to get to than I thought it would be. I removed the TireLinc and put on the TireMinder repeaters in the same spot. I then cut the wires for the TireLinc and connected the wires for the TireMinder repeaters to the wires.
          Raymond and Dee Dee
          2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
          2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Working...
          X