Transcend Xplor 265 BH TV mounting questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcend Xplor 265 BH TV mounting questions

I picked up my new trailer last weekend, and it didn't come with TVs or mounts. Is there some documentation regarding wall mounts, weights and TV limitations and what kind of fasteners are needed?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by gsinclair View Post
    I picked up my new trailer last weekend, and it didn't come with TVs or mounts. Is there some documentation regarding wall mounts, weights and TV limitations and what kind of fasteners are needed?

Thanks in advance.
    The TVs that we mount in production are about 14 lbs. So as long as you're close to that weight, you should be good. Here's a snipit of the backers in your living room to show where the TV can be mounted:

Click image for larger version

Name:	265BH.PNG
Views:	1041
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	14091

For the TV in the kitchen area, the backer is 2" long x 19" high, based off of the righ hand (as facing) 2" stile:

Click image for larger version

Name:	265BH2.PNG
Views:	950
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	14092

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Comment

Thanks for the info, that helps immensely. As far as fasteners go, what should I be using to mount them? Also, is that 14lbs including the wall mount?
      Last edited by gsinclair; 03-09-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gsinclair View Post
        Thanks for the info, that helps immensely. As far as fasteners go, what should I be using to mount them? Also, is that 14lbs including the wall mount?
        For the wood screws you want something that fully penetrates the backer plus some extra threads to get maximum support. With a 5/8" plywood backer I would be looking for a 7/8" to 1" long screw. Screw diameter should be the maximum that will fit the support bracket.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post

For the wood screws you want something that fully penetrates the backer plus some extra threads to get maximum support. With a 5/8" plywood backer I would be looking for a 7/8" to 1" long screw. Screw diameter should be the maximum that will fit the support bracket.
          gsinclair - what JBill9694 said.

The TVs that we install are 14 lbs, so that would not include the bracket.

Comment

Megan, Same question different location...

Just purchased a 2020 287RLTS. I am wanting to install a mount in the bedroom area TV backer. Since it is part of the exterior wall (above the window), how thick is the wall and what is the length of screws/bolts i should use?

Comment

Originally posted by krsmitty View Post
              Megan, Same question different location...

Just purchased a 2020 287RLTS. I am wanting to install a mount in the bedroom area TV backer. Since it is part of the exterior wall (above the window), how thick is the wall and what is the length of screws/bolts i should use?
              I just answered this question in this post: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...unt-in-287rlts

Comment

Working...
              X