Insignia Oven Issue on M399th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alan,

There may be a solution for running your stove and TV from your inverter. I was testing my inverter, which normally runs the Samsung refer when there is no external AC. My 4K Giandel inverter seems to have two circuits with two outlets per circuit. I used a 50 amp to 20 amp converter to plug a standard 20 amp cord into the RV and the male plug into my second inverter circuit. The stove and TV worked fine. With two batteries, I cannot do this for a long time, but so long as I do not use the AC, dishwasher or WD, it seems to work fine, If I were a boondocker, I would explore this option, with a goal of running about 10 amps total. The Giandel 4K inverter is in the front compartment next to the batteries.

I did not try this connection when using external power. The 50 to 20 converter is connected to the main power receptacle.

I would be interested to hear from our EE friends about this concept.

Best,

Charles
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Crespro You did remember to turn off the battery charger (converter) when running the camper of the 50A plug into the Inverter?

I wonder if there is a converter in the systems that change the voltage down from 120Vac that could be bypassed.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Joseph,

You are correct. I only tried this for a short time, but you should turn off the converter to avoid a circular charge and discharge if you are going to plug in the main receptacle.

If you turn off the converter, this would seem to work?

The other option is to follow Chad of Changing Lanes RV and wire the inverter to the main distribution system.

Charles
        2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by abeebe69 View Post
          I know this item is fairly old, but not sure where else to try. I have sent off an email to GD about this and other items, but haven’t heard anything back yet. I just sent it yesterday, so I understand it may take a few days to hear back. I am having a similar issue, but mine appears to be the pressure coming out of the pilot light tube. It appears to try and light, but the pressure blows it out. I have tried turning the knob way down, and I was able to get it to light, but once I turned it up to set a temperature, it blew out. I saw that there may be an adjustment behind the knob for the gas pressure. Does anyone have any documentation on how to do that?

As an aside, I don’t like the idea that the oven can’t be lit without AC power, since I do a lot of boondocking, but I guess dealers are int he business to sell, not really explain or even service them. Not too happy with my dealer at this point. They haven’t returned calls or provided any help. Hoping to hear back soon, but might have to call the sales manager, or even try the owners to get some traction on this. I expect a little more out of dealer who sells $100K plus trailers.

Alan
          Your Insignia has an additional regulator (in addition to the two stage from the propane containers that is subject to a recall). The pic below shows where this additional regulator is on my Furrion's range. This regulator should stop a failed primary two-stage regulator from causing a problem with the gas pressure being high enough to blow out the flame (or causing a flare up).

Click image for larger version

Name:	regulator.JPG
Views:	638
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	75713

An RV technician licensed and certified to do propane work on an RV (I know for a fact it is required in Florida) can do a check with a manometer to verify both the primary two-stage regulator stays at 11" of water column before the range's built-in regulator and can also do a check after the range's regulator to ensure the measurement is at least 10" of water column. (If you speak to a tech that doesn't understand what I just wrote...call someone else.)

Note the safety regulator in the picture above feeds a manifold that in turn passes gas to the burners and the oven.

The problem could also be the cold...even though it may seem like there's plenty of propane in your cylinders, cold temperatures reduce the amount of available propane.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            abeebe69 Alan, please review the thread https://gdrvowners.com/forum/propane...gulator-recall to see if by chance your regulator is suspect and failing.
            After reading the article, it looks like these were all manufactured between 2015 and 2020. Mine was build in September of 2021. This looks to only have affected the Travel TRailer lines as well. I have to replace my regulator, since it doesn’t isolate the tanks, but other than everything else seems to be working properly. I did contact GD support directly and they sent me a flyer on the Best Buy service site. I have put in a ticket with Best Buy, so hopefully they can send someone out to look at it.
            Alan & Kim Beebe
            2022 Solitude 375-RES

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Your Insignia has an additional regulator (in addition to the two stage from the propane containers that is subject to a recall). The pic below shows where this additional regulator is on my Furrion's range. This regulator should stop a failed primary two-stage regulator from causing a problem with the gas pressure being high enough to blow out the flame (or causing a flare up).

Click image for larger version

Name:	regulator.JPG
Views:	638
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	75713

An RV technician licensed and certified to do propane work on an RV (I know for a fact it is required in Florida) can do a check with a manometer to verify both the primary two-stage regulator stays at 11" of water column before the range's built-in regulator and can also do a check after the range's regulator to ensure the measurement is at least 10" of water column. (If you speak to a tech that doesn't understand what I just wrote...call someone else.)

Note the safety regulator in the picture above feeds a manifold that in turn passes gas to the burners and the oven.

The problem could also be the cold...even though it may seem like there's plenty of propane in your cylinders, cold temperatures reduce the amount of available propane.

Howard
              Thank you for this response. I didn’t get a notification that anyone responded, so I thought because this was an old post, no one was monitoring it. I need to figure out to get some kind of notification, especially when someone responds directly to, or mentions me in the response.

I will have to take a look at this tomorrow once I get some time. I hate to have to tear into a brand new range (less than three weeks), but might be a quick solution.

Thanks again.

Alan
              Alan & Kim Beebe
              2022 Solitude 375-RES

Comment

Working...
              X