lights too bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights too bright

I searched for dimming lihgts and found nothing so I would like to find a way to dim the lights in the 29RS GD. They are way to bright most of the time. I tried to cover the lights with paper to reduce the output but need a better way? The dimmer for the tabel and chair area works but is a pain to operate. thanks

Originally posted by Ed Pauly View Post
    I searched for dimming lihgts and found nothing so I would like to find a way to dim the lights in the 29RS GD. They are way to bright most of the time. I tried to cover the lights with paper to reduce the output but need a better way? The dimmer for the tabel and chair area works but is a pain to operate. thanks
    Use the search feature and search for 'dimmer'. There are many, many, many threads that address installing a dimmer switch for both the traditional analog control center and compass connect. There are also some very good threads on lighting improvements.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

We rarely use the overhead lights. We place lamps with shades on our end tables and they give lighting which is much more like home. We equipped them with LED lamps so we have a very low power drain if we're running them off our inverter. They are held in place with museum putty and have never moved in two years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Couch.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	37097

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I did the search with dimmer got all the info I need thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          We rarely use the overhead lights. We place lamps with shades on our end tables and they give lighting which is much more like home. We equipped them with LED lamps so we have a very low power drain if we're running them off our inverter. They are held in place with museum putty and have never moved in two years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Couch.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	37097

Jim
          I like that Jim! Are the lamps affixed permanently or semi-permanently? Or do you stow them during travel?
          Mike & Lisa
          Central Florida
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Pauly View Post
            I did the search with dimmer got all the info I need thanks
            Ed--what year is your trailer? Does it have a CompassConnect system?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

2021 29RS yes it does and now I know how to fix all the lighting controllers

Comment

Working...
              X