Oven stopped working, propane smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven stopped working, propane smell

Hi, we have a 2020 - 21bhe. The furrion oven has been working fine from the start, only thing that we have always lit it manually and not with the sparker.
    Last time I used it the pilot light would lite very difficult, but it turned on. I set the temperature and a sickening propane smell filled the whole RV. I got nauseous it was really bad.
    I turned the oven off and the smell disappeared. The stove top is still working and does not cause a smell. Any idea what the problem could be?

You will want to take the rig in for service as the thermocouple should have prevented the gas valve from opening without a burning pilot light as a heat source. Propane has a strong pungent smell. Did your propane alarm go off?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jlegerst View Post
      Hi, we have a 2020 - 21bhe. The furrion oven has been working fine from the start, only thing that we have always lit it manually and not with the sparker.
      Last time I used it the pilot light would lite very difficult, but it turned on. I set the temperature and a sickening propane smell filled the whole RV. I got nauseous it was really bad.
      I turned the oven off and the smell disappeared. The stove top is still working and does not cause a smell. Any idea what the problem could be?
      I agree with Guest -- propane's not something to mess around with unless the owner has the experience and tools required. Get it looked at under warranty through your dealer.

Also noted this was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Hopefully it helps you to get the most out of your time here on the forum.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks, will let a tech look at it

Comment

Working...
        X