Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Imagine 2600RB converter location

Hi Guys:

Just picked up our new Imagine 2600RB. We would like to upgrade to LiFePhos batteries so we will need to replace the converter with one compatible with LiFePhos charging parameters, or possibly an inverter/charger. In any case, could anyone tell us the location of the converter on the 2600RB so that we can access it to perform our upgrade?

Thanks for the help.
    Guy and Ginger Lauziere
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Ford F-150 4WD/Crew Cab 3.5L Ecoboost
    Equal-i-zer 4 point 1,000/10,000lb

The converter is located right behind the power distribution panel. I left mine in place and turned off the breaker. Located my new Lithium charger in the pass through.

Jim

Comment

Imagine_Nation

I see your a new member so first, welcome aboard. Take a moment to look over our welcome page.
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...r-to-new-membe...

Then check out my lithium conversion on our Imagine 2600RB.
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-lithium-power

Jim

Comment

You are in good hands here. Jim , a fellow owner of the same model , will no doubt help you with your plans as he has done a "few" mods to his already.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hello Jim:

Thanks for the response. I pulled the drawer above the distribution panel and snapped a picture (please see attached). I don't see the converter unit in that cavity, just the backside of the distribution panel. Is there a new location for 2021?

Thanks for all the help.Click image for larger version

Name:	Distribution Panel.jpg
Views:	1788
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	41471
          Guy and Ginger Lauziere
          2021 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Imagine_Nation

According to the GDRV parts lookup table, your 2021 2600B is equipped with a WFCO combination power distribution panel/converter. It appears to be model number WFCO-8955 (55 amp). The converter will actually be located at the bottom of the distribution panel, and not a stand alone unit.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. I wondered if that might be the case as there is a lower pop-out to the distribution panel that probably contains the converter electronics. I was starting to wonder as I have looked everywhere on the rig with no success. Guess I will have a similar scenario to yours and just shut the breaker off and still maintain the option of reverting back in an emergency.

Thanks again, Guy.
              Guy and Ginger Lauziere
              2021 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Imagine_Nation

Tucson is spot on. If you remove the screws that retain the power distribution panel to the cabinet, you will see the WFCO at the back of the unit. In your conversion, you can replace it, disconnect it or just leave it in place. I decided not to disconnect/replace and just flipped off the breaker. The main reasoning behind this was not wanting to use the thin 8 AWG wiring that runs from the front of the rig to the original distribution panel for charging the lithium battery which will take up to 60amps. The new connections between the new charger and the battery in the pass-through is 4AWG welding cable.
                You will also see that I plug the progressive dynamics charger into the AC outlet at the docking station which has worked perfectly. So there was no need for AC side modifications.

https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-D...19646420&psc=1

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X