Norcold 1210 looks ok, but not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 1210 looks ok, but not cooling

Hi Everyone - I have an odd issue. Yesterday I pulled my 5th wheel out of storage to get onto the road for a while. When I picked it up, the refrigerator and freezer was nice and cold. I took it home and left it running on LP overnight. In the morning, all compartments are not cold at all - they even felt a little warm compared to ambient. There are no errors, the LP is lighting. I switched it back to AC - it is not cooling there either. Again, there are no errors, I can switch between AC and LP and I hear the LP light just fine - no cooling at all. The only think that I can think of is that I have a coolant leak. I have not found any useful information on how to check if there is anything in the system. Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers
    Colin
    Colin, Theresa & Ashley
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    2003 F250 7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by rossi141 View Post
    Hi Everyone - I have an odd issue. Yesterday I pulled my 5th wheel out of storage to get onto the road for a while. When I picked it up, the refrigerator and freezer was nice and cold. I took it home and left it running on LP overnight. In the morning, all compartments are not cold at all - they even felt a little warm compared to ambient. There are no errors, the LP is lighting. I switched it back to AC - it is not cooling there either. Again, there are no errors, I can switch between AC and LP and I hear the LP light just fine - no cooling at all. The only think that I can think of is that I have a coolant leak. I have not found any useful information on how to check if there is anything in the system. Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers
    Colin
    That's strange. It uses the same coolent for electric and propane so that wouldn't be it. The only difference between the two modes is an electric heater vs the propane burner. Are you sure three burner is staying lit once it lights?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

It was not working on either AC or LP yesterday, and the burner was definitely staying lit. My trip to the campsite must have rattled something though, as when we plugged it in, it started to work normally, and I checked both AC and LP - both are working correctly again. Very odd.
      Colin, Theresa & Ashley
      2021 Reflection 28BH
      2003 F250 7.3 Diesel

Comment

It was not working on either AC or LP yesterday, and the burner was definitely staying lit. My trip to the campsite must have rattled something though, as when we plugged it in, it started to work normally, and I checked both AC and LP - both are working correctly again. Very odd.
        I can't find the reference, but this is actually not uncommon. The ammonia in the cooling tubes will sometimes get "stuck" and not flow correctly, thus no cooling effect. With a short drive (and the bouncing around) the bottleneck releases and suddenly everything works again.

I know I've read that from someone (much smarter than me) here on the forum....just can't find it. colan would know for sure...
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Cheers
          Colin
          I've seen this more times than I can count - when you took it home and parked it are you level? Doesn't take much to be off level and in one night this happens. If you are unlevel do not keep running the fridge because the fluid is not flowing properly and this is how you start a blockage over time.

Mark
          2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
          2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
          2020 Momentum 376THS
          We're both proud USAF Retirees...
          Retired RV Tech

Comment

Working...
          X