Norcold Frig Flap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold Frig Flap

In our 2019 384-GK, the flap on the Norcold flap just started not closing all the way. We don't have any more weight in the door than we normally have. I've seen where some have used silicone. Where would we spray. I've also seen something about wires being unplugged. I see the wires in the flap, have gently pulled on them and they seem secure....what do we do?

Check the small center drawer to be sure it is not protruding slightly and conflicting with the flap. Mine had me stumped for a bit. We never use that drawer so I just removed it and no more issues.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Second on checking for anything blocking the door from closing. If nothing is found you may need to look at shimming the door. I don't have any information on where to get the shims and what size, but I'm sure others will be along shortly with more information.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

thanks. My DH put some silicone spray at the friction points and all is good now!

Comment

FYI, for the second time in 6 years we had to shim the left door to keep the flapper from dragging at the bottom. Many excellent videos out there, but I'll outline the basic steps:
          1. Empty door. Easiest way is to just lift the shelves out.
          2. Pop off the plastic cover at the top of the door frame, hinge side, covering the top hinge plate.
          3. Remove the three bolts holding the top hinge plate to the refrigerator frame and then lift out the hinge plate.
          4. Remove the door, lifting it off the lower hinge pin.
          5. Place a washer over the lower hinge pin. I used a 3/8 chrome plated steel washer.
          6. Reinstall the door by performing steps 1 through 4 in reverse order.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
          X