Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to add Washer/Dryer in our 2021 397TH-R - Help with Dryer Vent install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right!! I winged it and it turned out great... It's scary AF putting a 4 1/4" hole in your RV though. I picked up the Milwalkee 4 1/4" hole saw. I picked the spot to drill with a long 1/8 bit where I saw someone on youtube do theirs. The older versions had a bit of square access you take off, mine has a porthole ( I ended up cutting all that MDF out as it was impossible to hook anything up in that tight space). You see a hole saw cut next to the unscrewed opening, I ended up taking the screw cover off and used a multi-tool to remove a big box so I could access it all.

Things needed, for some reason, the washer has a flat plug and the dryer has a normal plug, this got in the way when I tried to install the dryer so you'll need:
    -Extension cord that has a flat plug, you can drop it all behind the washer.
    -Longer dryer hose, or short extension you can tape on, I got a 6' one so I could pull it out and connect while someone held up the dryer.
    -Maybe steel braided hose but I used the factory since I was in a time crunch.
    -Rinse your lines out into a bucket as you might have winterization antifreeze in the lines still.

I needed to remove the left door trim, be careful not to mess up the molding, once-off, take the nail out from behind, don't beat them out. I also took off the master bedroom door and left molding. I also removed the railing going up the stairs for more room... prob don't need to, but it helped.

Once all in even with the foot kit and stacking kit, it was top-heavy and leaned forward. I re-installed the closet bar just over the dryer door.... worked Beautifully.

The handle just touches the inside but closes, I might get a one-sided knob at some point. worried about rubbing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8876.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	55392Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8894.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	55393Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8881.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	68.7 KB