On Board vacuum mod questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Board vacuum mod questions

First, I am in the process of bypassing the factory installed vacuum and using a shop vac for more power and more capacity. So far I have unplugged the OEM vac and I have installed a relay system from a cannablizer storage system for the whole house vac and added plugs for the power and connected the wires to activate it. Just for clarity we are using a small shop vac in the house as needed. A larger vac system is a must with 3 dogs (one who sheds) and 1.5 cats is a must, so now before I want to go further, I want input from the collective, but a cordless stick is not an option.

Question 1- Has anybody created a better hidden storage system for the OEM hose? I have two thoughts with the first being simply install PVC line large enough for the OEM vac hose to slide into and routed into the space where the mechanicals are. The opening will be on the inside of the closet directly in front of the entrance door. I think I can run it about 4 feet into the space and then turn it 90 degrees and then allow it to collect on top of the black and gray tanks.

Question 2- Does anybody have experience with a "hide a hose" system? I have a basic understanding of the system, but my specific concerns are having to have the entire run inside of PVC and routing it thru the pass thru and mechanical space in a large loop with several 90 degree turns as the hose will still need to be long enough to get from the front steps to the far back corner of the kitchen.

Question 3- And not really a concern for or against. Would this really make any difference (other than the "gee whiz" factor) as a consideration when the Solitude goes up for resale?
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

ThePowells (Jerry)

Not sure it will help, but check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-1-of-2-posts

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson I saw your thread.
      We bought a (about) 5 gallon, 6HP WalMart built shop vac and put it into the space. I didn't really shorten that hose but cut the nozzle short to make a better seal to the OE flexible hose. I did not install the wheels and will be driving a screw through one of those feet just to keep it from wandering around. Again, I basically built a new switch using the parts robbed from the whole house system and plugged it into the same outlet as the OE system. This vacuum takes up more space than I anticipated, but will be easy to move if needed.
      Having had to pull the fake fireplace out over the weekend, I took the time to measure and plan for hiding the hose. The hose it about 13 1/2 feet long and I have just over 5 feet of horizontal space, so I am going to install a hatch cover in the back wall of the closet and attach 1 1/2 PVC to run across, then a 22 1/2 connector and allow the excess hose to collect in that space. That solves the hose storage issues. I'll document everything when it gets finished.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
      X