Upgrading Winegard Air 360º to Air 360+º

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Winegard Air 360º to Air 360+º

We just recently took delivery of our 2021 Imagine 2600RB. We were hopeful it would be delivered with a Winegard Air 360+, but unfortunately it only came with an Air 360º; so disappointed. We both work remotely, and we need the increased functionality of the 360+, including the wifi and LTE antennas, so we can enjoy the outdoors and still earn an income.

I've exhausted myself looking for information online to learn how difficult it will be to upgrade the 360º to the 360+, but I can't find squat. I've reached out to five different RV repair companies, but can't even so much as get a phone call or a message/email back (which I understand is a problem right now everywhere). Oh, and the dealer wants a ridiculous amount of money for the product and for the labor, and maybe they can get to us in 90-120 days. I could deal with paying a little more, but a four months' wait is a bit insane. We live in Solano County in California on the outskirts of the Bay Area, and our (nearest) dealer is in Sacramento.

So my next step is to figure out how to do it myself. I'd appreciate any help and guidance here. I'm fairly handy, and do a lot of work myself (including tech), but I don't want to screw up our new trailer lol.

Thanks!
    Gary

gds707ca A few members here have done it, I think Howard (@howson) is one. Here is a link to his install.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-in-315rlts

That said if the install is too daunting there are other options as well. I went with a Peplink router, they have several models available (I have the Balance 20x) that have built in LTE modems that you just install a SIM card into. I run a dual modem unit with a AT&T and VZW SIM in it so I can pick which one is stronger wherever we go (still working full time as well). It even allows the use of a built in VPN to bond the two connections together to improve the connection reliability.

Regardless of what you do, if connectivity is key I would steer you to the Mobile Internet Resource Center, its a paid site but a wealth of knowledge (including on the Winegard and Peplink units) for those of us that need to stay connected.

www.rvmobileinternet.com
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

We’re you folks able to complete a Winegard 360 to 360+ upgrade? I have also been disappointed yes with the GDRV only having a 360.

Comment

I had the same issue! I found the requirement for power to the gateway was too much hassle! I went with the King Connect Swift system. Much easier to install. Having said that, it is only WiFi, no 4G access.
        2023 GD Imagine XLS 22RBE
        Towed with a 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
        X