2021 315RLTS One Control main board location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 315RLTS One Control main board location

Took the TT home last week and have had it parked next to the house all set up to move in and get to know where things are. I have found the DC converter, the water pump, the Schwintek control and the tire pressure monitor dock. The Compass app works like it should. I am in the process of adding the Winegard gateway and the pre-wire setup is fine. What I have not yet found is the One Control main board. It is not near the control panel in the kitchen area which is where I expected it would live. Any clues? The Tire Linc dock has wires that head towards the front cap, however I cannot find access in the closet across the front of the trailer in spite of how enormous it is. No complaints but I would like to know where the board is. Thank you all for your help, this forum has been very useful.
    Vic and Barb
    2021 315RLTS

Originally posted by Shiny side up View Post
    Took the TT home last week and have had it parked next to the house all set up to move in and get to know where things are. I have found the DC converter, the water pump, the Schwintek control and the tire pressure monitor dock. The Compass app works like it should. I am in the process of adding the Winegard gateway and the pre-wire setup is fine. What I have not yet found is the One Control main board. It is not near the control panel in the kitchen area which is where I expected it would live. Any clues? The Tire Linc dock has wires that head towards the front cap, however I cannot find access in the closet across the front of the trailer in spite of how enormous it is. No complaints but I would like to know where the board is. Thank you all for your help, this forum has been very useful.
    Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment and read the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I don't have my notes with me at work so I'll have to look later tonight. I suspect it's somewhere in the passthru area. (I have a '19 315RLTS but it doesn't have CompassConnect.)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It seems the compass connect modules have been found in the most unusual places. I think they try top put them close to the main control panel as all of the wiring needs to be integrated from the panel to the board, unless they come up with a can bus control panel.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Shiny side up -- the sketch I have is rough, but the Unity 1.5 board appears to be on the curb side of the trailer, forward of the Convenience panel. Might even be in the bedroom or closet, curb side. The wall between the passthru and bedroom is hollow--is there anything that looks like an access panel when looking in from the curb side?

Also, can you please take a picture of the Convenience Center panel and post it here?

Thanks!

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210410_083542.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	50112

Thanks for the suggestions. Looked again and coming up empty. Here is the Convenience Center.
          Attached Files
          Vic and Barb
          2021 315RLTS

Comment

Shiny side up someone posted they found the controller on top of the hutch, but in your case it appears to go to the ceiling. Can you see the space above the converter / distribution panel. That looks like a good location to hide it in the small image available on the website.
            Joseph
            Tow
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Looked again and coming up empty. Here is the Convenience Center.
              That's what I expected--good!

Another strategy is to follow the CANBUS wire from the Schintek controller (ceiling of passthru, street side) back to the Unity. At least it should point you in the general direction. The second CANBUS connection on the Schwintek controller has a terminating resistor, right? (Looks like a plug /cap.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                Shiny side up someone posted they found the controller on top of the hutch, but in your case it appears to go to the ceiling. Can you see the space above the converter / distribution panel. That looks like a good location to hide it in the small image available on the website.
                That's a good thought. The front panel of the hutch comes off with about 8 screws, revealing the furnace, WFCO, and back of the Power Distribution Center. (Be careful in there, Shiny side up ! Don't crush any heater ducts or crimp wires)

This is what mine (used) to look like. The black box at the bottom is a Progressive Dynamics EMS.

Name:	IMG_0816 (Large).JPG
Views:	420
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	50125

Comment

howson Howard, we should start a pool on finding these things. It seems they put them where is the least convenient for owner, but most convenient for builders. All of the wiring for both the control panel and the controlled items need to meet at the controller, so closer to the convenience center seems to be the most common place. If they ever build a can bus convenience center we will all be guessing because that means small wires (2 pair max like phone or ethernet cable is my guess) and they can pull that stuff anywhere quickly and easily.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Howard, you set me on the right path. The CANBUS cable led into the wall between the passthru and the bedroom . I found some screws in the black carpet facing in the passthrough and the boards were right there. All good, thank you for the help

.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210410_135234.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	50165
                    Vic and Barb
                    2021 315RLTS

Comment

Howard, you set me on the right path. The CANBUS cable led into the wall between the passthru and the bedroom . I found some screws in the black carpet facing in the passthrough and the boards were right there. All good, thank you for the help
                      Awesome! Thanks for the follow-up and picture.

Comment

Shiny side up -- if that panel is still off, what's the model #'s of those boards? I expected to see a Unity 1.5, so not sure what the second board is.

Comment

Name:	20210411_100734.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	50271Click image for larger version

Name:	20210411_100748.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	50272

Not sure what they are called, but this is them up close.
                          Vic and Barb
                          2021 315RLTS

Comment

Shiny side up -- thank you! The X0 is new to me.

Looks like the purpose of the X0 is to remotely power the PSX1 stabilizers (assuming yours has the same stabilizers as my '19).

This is an Interesting decision by GD to include the stabilizers in the CompassConnect configuration. IMHO I'm not sure the cost is worth the result. The external buttons on my camper work fine, and I suspect they are still there since there are Configurable Inputs (manual control inputs) on the X0 board.. (The pic in post #10 shows wires connected to the Configurable Inputs connection on the X0.)

The reason for my .02 is IMO the person activating the stabilizers must have an eye on them during deployment (or retraction) so again, not sure what the benefit is of remote control.

Thanks again for posting the pictures.

Any questions on the 315--fire away. As you probably know already I've got dozens of threads related to mods I've done on my trailer.

Howard

Comment

howson I wonder if the second board is being used to control the Awnings? It appears to only have 2 outputs hooked up if you look in the first photo.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X