Furrrion Entertainment Center-No Radio Reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrrion Entertainment Center-No Radio Reception

My trailer has no reception and I found wiggling the antenna connection on the back of the unit would allow crystal clear reception, but it couldn’t maintain a connection. It looks to be a super cheap crimp on and I have a replacement coming tomorrow. Anyone have this type of problem and find its inherent to the radio or can I expect a better plug to fix it?

John in PA
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Originally posted by jbjlock View Post
    My trailer has no reception and I found wiggling the antenna connection on the back of the unit would allow crystal clear reception, but it couldn’t maintain a connection. It looks to be a super cheap crimp on and I have a replacement coming tomorrow. Anyone have this type of problem and find its inherent to the radio or can I expect a better plug to fix it?

John in PA
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    That's the first I've heard of this particular problem. Please keep us posted on the repairs and if they were successful.

Thanks.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I can’t say I was 100% successful, but I now have radio. Replacing the antenna plug was pretty straightforward, and it definitely plugged in more securely. But no reception! Just for the heck of it, I took a short length of single conductor 12 gauge wire and touched it to the contact in the radio plug. Prefect reception! Could the ground in the radio case be an issue? With a piece of electrical tape wrapped around the plug, I reinserted it and reception similar to my test wire. I played with it a bit more in order to maneuver all the wires back into the cabinet. It’s functional, not great, but I always have the option to Bluetooth my phone, or better yet, bring along a Bluetooth speaker. In reality, the days of these RV entertainment systems are probably numbered!

If anyone reading this can definitively diagnose based on my description, I’d be interested in hearing your comments!

John in PA
      2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

Working...
      X