No announcement yet.

TireLinc - Several month review of the product that's a disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, just back from the last trip and Tire-Linc behaves worse than ever. 2.5 hour trip. Never got the app to update without shutting down the app and/or rebooting the phone, otherwise it was a constant 'connecting' or 'cannot connect try later' message. After a reboot/restart operation it connected and updated, then it would lock up within 3 minutes.
    Probably keep it until the end of summer, but, Beginning to think I'll have to toss this TPMS. Couldn't sell it to someone with a clear conscience.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

If anybody with the Tire-Linc "Woes" will be at the National Rally please send me a PM.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have installed an app that disables screen timeouts on Samsung phones. Going on a 1600km round trip excursion soon. We'll see if the phone going to sleep is part of the issue....or not.

AndyBaum
        Did you receive any instructions or anything to help resolve any issues?

Comment

About 4 hours on the road yesterday. With the screen time out disabled, no issues. App updated pressures regularly. No freezes.
          Toady I'll try having other apps running along with it.

Comment

My new Solitude came with the tire-link. It's still in the box where it belongs. I use a real tire monitor system by TST. I've been using it for years on all my trailers and has saved me multiple times and several tire replacements.
            Barry & Karen
            2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
            2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Tire linc worked fine with the screen timeout disabled (need an app to do that with android), and no other apps running/used.
              Once I tried to run another app at the same time tire linc was running and issues happen. Like no longer updating.
              We listened to a 20 minute podcast and when we checked the tire linc, it said it had not updated in 24 minutes.
              YMMV

Originally posted by Mopar Man View Post
              My new Solitude came with the tire-link. It's still in the box where it belongs. I use a real tire monitor system by TST. I've been using it for years on all my trailers and has saved me multiple times and several tire replacements.
              Mine may end up there...

Comment

Be glad it was free cause Amazon is selling it for what looks like $220-$250 and 22% of the buyers seem disappointed. While 78% of the reviews are 5 stars, a surprisingly large number of 5 star reviews have trouble with the app. I can tell by the descriptions and photos that you are going to have trouble with the sensors. Tire pressure sensors mounted on the exterior of the valve stem where the valve cap should be are subject to lots of abuse, and not going to be working for very long -- even if you all can get the crappy phone app to work! If you want a real quality system, forget the app, and expect them to cost at least $300, and as much as $600. Start here: https://www.roadtrucker.com/truck-sy...e-monitors.htm

When I bought my Ram truck I ordered the optional trailer tow package that included integrated software, a dash display that shows the pressures for the truck and trailer tires and sensors for the truck and trailer tires. And I can get more sensors for additional trailers. The system sensors are internally mounted on each rim and contain the valve stem, battery, and sensor in one integrated unit for each rim. My truck's dealer mounted each trailer sensor on the rims by removing the tires for $5.00 each. The solution here is to go out and buy a real system.
                Last edited by Dadeo6472; 09-09-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

l could a book about lippert they don`t need to be in the electronics business back in August my wife and i were in a Rv park and i called them about their router connect thing or what ever they call that little box mounted in a kitchen cabinet. I talked to one guy he brushed me off i called back talked to another guy who was helpful and after an hour with out success he made a ticket guess what its September still not fixed phone app is worthless. That digital connect wall box is just as bad it will get hung up and have to reset it. What happens when i am out in the middle off no where and it won`t reset? Also as far as that router goes their tech told me to change the SSID and Password so i did and then it wouldn`t work he said was because i didn`t put MY RV before my SSID and now they don`t know how to change it back. I mean they don`t even have no that can help you over the phone. I guess everyone needs to just show up at lippert like a rally LOL. I supposed to have the prewired tire linc system to but i am going TST 6 sensors. Enough said
                  Bryan & Shelia
                  2008 chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax
                  2021 GD 376THS MM

Comment

Working...
                  X