Satelite TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satelite TV

I tried to connect a Tailgator satelite antenna to the coax connection point in the wet bay labeled "Satelite Living Room" on my 2018 Solitude 375RES. It appears to have no connection to the Wally receiver connected to the coax cable that I disconnected from the tv and connected to the Wally receiver. When I connect the Tailgator directly to the receiver the Wally works as it should. Any ideas?

You might need a Klein Tools VDV512-100 Coax Explorer 2 Tester.

2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. It's HUGE.
    Update: Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19
    10-19-18 - 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4 X 4 Long Box.

Comment

I was able to get my satellite connected by fixing a loose connection in the system. My loose connection was on the back of the plate near the water panel. When I tightened it up, it worked much better.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

When you tightened the satellite connection, did you unscrew the plate & then tightened the connection?
        Thanks
        Cindy
        2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
        2022 Solitude 3330RE
        Cindy & Xena

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
          When you tightened the satellite connection, did you unscrew the plate & then tightened the connection?
          Thanks
          Cindy
          Hi Cindy--welcome to the forum. I notice you're new so I have a forum-usage hint for you. When addressing a specific post, use the QUOTE function and then everyone will know who you're writing to (like this post here). The person also gets a notification (like you just did). Another tactic is to "tag" them. What you do is use the @ symbol followed by their username, like this: Cindy

Hope this helps!

-Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Hi Cindy--welcome to the forum. I notice you're new so I have a forum-usage hint for you. When addressing a specific post, use the QUOTE function and then everyone will know who you're writing to (like this post here). The person also gets a notification (like you just did). Another tactic is to "tag" them. What you do is use the @ symbol followed by their username, like this: Cindy

Hope this helps!

-Howard
            Hey Howard... well that only took me 5 min to figure out how to do the QUOTE thing. Thanks for helping me out...
            Cindy
            2022 Solitude 3330RE
            Cindy & Xena

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Senn View Post
              I tried to connect a Tailgator satelite antenna to the coax connection point in the wet bay labeled "Satelite Living Room" on my 2018 Solitude 375RES. It appears to have no connection to the Wally receiver connected to the coax cable that I disconnected from the tv and connected to the Wally receiver. When I connect the Tailgator directly to the receiver the Wally works as it should. Any ideas?
              All, I figured out how to make my connection to the Wally with my Dish Dual Playmaker.... Connect the main satellite to the SAT/Living Room; go inside to the coax connection in the cabinet over the TV, use a disconnect the coax from the Antenna, use a short coax cable from the Satellite to the back of the Wally coax connection; then HDMI from the back of the Wally to the TV.... voila, picture... this may not be the right way to make a connection but right now it works and I've got a picture !!! Don't feel so dumb after all...
              Cindy
              2022 Solitude 3330RE
              Cindy & Xena

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post

All, I figured out how to make my connection to the Wally with my Dish Dual Playmaker.... Connect the main satellite to the SAT/Living Room; go inside to the coax connection in the cabinet over the TV, use a disconnect the coax from the Antenna, use a short coax cable from the Satellite to the back of the Wally coax connection; then HDMI from the back of the Wally to the TV.... voila, picture... this may not be the right way to make a connection but right now it works and I've got a picture !!! Don't feel so dumb after all...
                Cindy
                An update to my Dish Dual Playmaker issues... I'm still having problems with the bedroom Wally receiver not always working. When I connect the Dish directly to the bedroom Wally, it worked every time. A RV neighbor suggested a direct run from the Dish into to pass through following the washer plumbing into the bedroom coming under the bureau, make a small hole for the coax to fit & there you have your direct connection without sticking the coax through the window screen... my only concern is drilling a hole in the "baseboard" of the bureau (the carpeted area in the pix since I'm not describing this well). Any Ideas? and Thanks... l
                Attached Files
                2022 Solitude 3330RE
                Cindy & Xena

Comment

Working...
                X