Onan generator exhaust pipe install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onan generator exhaust pipe install

​We have had our 310 GK for one day and when they installed the Onan generator They put in the attached support you will see below but the rubber attachment they had put already ripped open and so the pipe is no longer supported under the unit. Really hoping I can see some picture examples of what other dealers have done to install the exhaust pipe when a generator was installed by a grand design dealer.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by alisak40 View Post
    ​We have had our 310 GK for one day and when they installed the Onan generator They put in the attached support you will see below but the rubber attachment they had put already ripped open and so the pipe is no longer supported under the unit. Really hoping I can see some picture examples of what other dealers have done to install the exhaust pipe when a generator was installed by a grand design dealer.
    I think you need something like this https://www.amazon.com/Walker-35944-...20777595&psc=1

Check with any auto parts store - they all have something similar. I personally like NAPA.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

alisak40 That is a simple, generic tailpipe hanger available at any auto parts store for a few bucks, but I don't understand why this one failed. I've installed many of them with much more stress than what the gen exhaust would be putting on it and in a much hotter environment. You may be able to find one with a longer hanger and replace it or if you need to, you can cut the bottom part of this one and mate the two together. I'll try to look at mine when I get home.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
      X