TV and DVD player in Imagine NOT compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV and DVD player in Imagine NOT compatible

So, earlier this year...I discovered that the TV has component and HDMI inputs. The DVD player does not have component or HDMI outputs, it has composite video and audio out. GD had plugged the composite video cable into one of the component slots. /sigh

Is there a way to pass feedback from this forum back to Grand Design? This is not functional....if they realize this...it is something that I would hope is correctable with different hardware.

This post is not meant to be a complaint or a rant.....for one if I am missing something I would like to know! Secondly...if you have the same trouble...what have you done about it?
    Last edited by bellis; 06-27-2021, 01:22 AM.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Originally posted by bellis View Post
    So, earlier this year...I discovered that the TV has component and HDMI inputs. The DVD player does not have component or HDMI outputs, it has composite video and audio out. GD had plugged the composite video cable into one of the component slots. /sigh

Is there a way to pass feedback from this forum back to Grand Design? This is not functional....if they realize this...it is something that I would hope is correctable with different hardware.

This post is not meant to be a complaint or a rant.....for one if I am missing something I would like to know! Secondly...if you have the same trouble...what have you done about it?
    There are so many combinations of components in the trailers...can you please annotate the exact make & model of the TV and DVD player?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

One some tv's you can use one of the component video inputs for composite. We use a separate Blue Ray player in our trailer, much better picture quality.
      2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

There are so many combinations of components in the trailers...can you please annotate the exact make & model of the TV and DVD player?
        Will do - Just got home - so will pull this ASAP and post.
        2020 Imagine 2400BH
        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by mbopp View Post
          One some tv's you can use one of the component video inputs for composite. We use a separate Blue Ray player in our trailer, much better picture quality.
          What blue ray player are you using?
          John and Lori
          2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
          2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post

What blue ray player are you using?
            Sony, recycled from the house after the kids got us a new one. But you can use any brand you want.
            2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Well - I wish I had tested further before posting. It appears that the TV may have component/composite inputs....I have never seen this on any electronic I have ever purchased.

I need to get a DVD back out to the rig and test. Pics of gear below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210629_211411070.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	59692Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210629_211350990.jpg
Views:	1095
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	59693Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210629_211334599.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	59694Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210629_211451722.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	59695Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210629_211356330.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	59697
              Attached Files
              2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Well - it must have just been done wrong and I didn't see something when I thought it wasn't working....never seen a component/composite dual setup before....and I do a lot in technology and audio/video....

Wish I could delete this post....all tested and working! It's like technology users who tell you it's broke...then you look and it like magic works! It happens to us too..../sigh Maybe I just need more sleep!
                2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

My Furrion DVD is not a Blue Ray and the TCL TV is not a smart model. So a purchase of a smart Blue Ray now results in streamed movies from my phone. Yes one of the component slots can be used for composite which is how my TV was originally connected as well. I've since used the HDMI slot on the fully functional DVD Blue Ray for $60.00. For music, I use a portable Bose which sounds far better than the Furrion which basically is used as a clock.

Jim

Comment

My 2021 Reflection Travel Trailer appears to have the same Radio/DVD player and TV as you. The Radio/DVD player does have an HDMI cable. If you plug it into the ARC HDMI input on the TV, you can play the sound of the DVD over the stereo system, watch the DVD on the TV, and control the volume of the stereo system using the TV remote control. It's a little finnicky, but it definitely works. There was a mystery HDMI cable coming from the wall behind the TV. I was surprised the the Jensen bluetooth radio was also a DVD player (and was connected from the factory to the TV, although not plugged into the ARC input of the TV).
                    Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
                    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
                    2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Apparently there is a HDMI version that Jensen sells....I just don't have it =/

https://www.amazon.com/JWM452-2-Spea.../dp/B082FM7S11

https://www.jensen-electronics.com/r...dsZSI6ZmFsc2V9
                      2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Our Jensen will play the TV though it. Simply select the Aux button and press 3X. The cycle is Aux1, Aux2, then ARC. On ARC the TV sends a signal to the radio. The TV and radio must be connected on both ends through the ARC HDMI port.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                        X