Furrion Oven Orifice Removal and Other Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Oven Orifice Removal and Other Info

Moderator note: post below was copied (and edited for content) from Schiefswret 's Wierd Oven Behavior thread

-------------------------------------------------
    Dave,
    As I wrote on the Furrion Oven Parts thread, the first thing to know is TTBOMK you can't buy a replacement part for the Furrion range.

A couple of things I learned playing with the oven today in class.

1) If the thermocouple is disconnected (unscrewed) from the thermostat, the oven burner and the pilot will not light. Based on that, a couple of questions.

2) It is possible to remove the oven's burner orifice to clean it.

The burner assembly easily comes out by removing two bolts and pulling it forward out of the stove. The picture below shows the bolts removed. You can do a visual inspection of the orifice with the burner removed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	burner unbolted.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	69211

Click image for larger version  Name:	orifice inspection.JPG Views:	0 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	69213

If the orifice looks clogged, it is possible to remove it for cleaning. Remember: DO NOT poke anything into the orifice's hole. Damaging the brass orifice could change the BTU output (too much gas).

Assuming the burner is out as shown previously,
    In pic 1 below, on the back of the oven there's a panel that easily comes off.
    Pic 2 is the oven's burner gas line. I disconnected this line.
    Pic 3 is a 14mm nut over the orifice housing. I accessed the nut from the front (reaching through the oven interior).
    Pic 4 is the "L" with the orifice embedded removed from the oven.
    Pic 5 is the orifice.

Click image for larger version  Name:	orifice.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	69212

The components attached to the thermostat (under the cooktop cover, behind the thermostat knob control) are shown below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Components.JPG Views:	226 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	69276
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 02-24-2023, 06:16 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus
Working...
X