Haloview RD7 Dominator Camera Install on 2022 Imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haloview RD7 Dominator Camera Install on 2022 Imagine

Hi, I installed the Haloview RD7 camera on my new 2022 Imagine 2600RB today and wanted to share what I found to help with the install. The RD7 Dominator system has great reviews for no dropout at speed, etc. and it was cheaper than the Furrion camera. I got it for $340 on sale. Comes with the Monitor and Camera and a bunch of brackets and cables. Nicely put together.

First I had to remove the stock "Furrion Ready" plastic housing.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fdfdfd.JPG Views:	0 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	72453

With the plastic Furrion bracket removed it left the hole with the wire and 4 screw holes that will be used for the New Halovision RD7 Bracket.

Click image for larger version  Name:	gfgfg.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	72454
    I had to gently scrape off the silicone where the Furrion bracket was. Note that the hole drilled for the Power wire sticking out is oblong since it was drilled at an angle at the factory.

I had to come up with some type of cover to place over this large hole since the RD7 bracket is not flush intentionally to allow for the cable behind the bracket.

What I found was at a Marine Boat store, West Marine here in Texas. This is called a "Two Hole Wire Cap". Comes with a rubber gasket and 3 small screws. I ran the wires through this for the DC power hookup to the camera and some White GE Silicone under the gasket to form a water seal against rain ingress.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cover.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	72455

Here below is shown the 3 small holes that I drilled for the Two Hole Wire Cap. I chose to NOT use the Power Adapter RD7 to Furrion Power because that would make it difficult to stuff the cabling and tuck it after the camera mounting. I used the supplied pigtail cable from the RD7 to splice to the Red and black power wires. Remember to route wires through the Hole Cover gasket prior to splicing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hhhhh.JPG Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	72456

I applied a small bead of Silicone before the Two Wire Hole cap cover then screwed on the Plastic Two Hole Wire Cap. I forgot to take a photo with just the wire cap installed. But here below you can see the Hole Cover in place. The power wire feeds out the bottom. Later after positioning the cabling I will squirt some silicone into the hole where the wire exits to seal it off as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tttt.JPG Views:	0 Size:	28.4 KB ID:	72457

Last edited by howson; 12-14-2021, 09:58 PM.
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
    Dallas, Texas area

Here is what it looks like from under the camera mount. I still need to add some Silicone to seal where the power cable exits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qqqqq.JPG
Views:	786
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	72460

I added a few cable clamps with short SS screws to route the cabling up onto the Top of the Camper. It will be secured to the roof along with the LONG cable that extends to the TOP front of the camper where the Range Extender unit will be mounted with self adhesive pad.

Here is what the mount and cabling looks like so far:

Name:	aaaaa.JPG
Views:	737
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	72461

Tomorrow, I plan to run the LONG cable across the Roof, attach the Extended Range Antenna and secure the cabling on the roof. Shuffle

2022 Imagine 2600RB
    Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Bob Davis2 -- nice write-up and install! Adding to the modification list.

-Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Howard.
        2022 Imagine 2600RB
        Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Finished up running and securing the cable from the Camera across the roof to the front of the Trailer where the Extended Antenna module was attached. We tested it by connecting the trailer connector to the Truck and plugged in the Monitor in the Cab of the truck. The monitor had 5 bars of signal from the camera and the two communicated well. I had to turn on the "Parking/Running " lights and the camera at the rear of the Trailer powered up fine. So all is good, can't wait to try it out on a trip.

Here below is the Extended Antenna module at the Front of the Trailer.

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	803
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	72507

A view of the cabling attached to the Roof with 3M adhesive backed Cable clamps.

Name:	12.JPG
Views:	719
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	72508

The rear of the Trailer where I coiled the excess cable and secured it. System works great so far.

Name:	13.JPG
Views:	722
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	72509
          2022 Imagine 2600RB
          Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Nice. I have the same setup. You will be very impressed with the performance of the rd7. Mine has been excellent. I pointed the aerial straight ahead instead of up. Seemed to work best.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
              Nice. I have the same setup. You will be very impressed with the performance of the rd7. Mine has been excellent. I pointed the aerial straight ahead instead of up. Seemed to work best.
              Great tip! I made sure to have enough clearance to do that. May have to do this, we will see how things go on the road.
              2022 Imagine 2600RB
              Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Hello, I'm buying an Imagine XLS 23LDE and I like the Haloview reviews I have seen. I have a couple of questions about these units and install:
                1. How well does that 3m self-stick plastic bracket work on the roof?

2. Has anyone considered the self-stick construction window/door 4" flashing tape to tape over the length of the whole wire leading to the front of the trailer? I think it comes in white color.

3. Has anyone considered or done the install underneath the trailer to the front storage pass-thru? I know it would mean running the booster cable on the exterior going down the back wall but could be secured near the ladder just as it was in the roof photos of this post thread. I'm 250 lbs and do not plan on getting on my roof! I suppose I could route it down one side of the roof using a ladder.

4. I notice the 23LDE marker lights are rectangular and the Haloview side kits are more oval. Has anyone installed these on the oval Grand Design oval marker areas?

Our 23LDE is just long enough to prevent the install without the booster option, when I add the length to reach the dash area of truck. I supposed I need the wired booster for it to work correctly.
                thanks!
                Rob
                2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

Comment

None of the self stick tabs have come off my trailer. In use one season so far.
                  I have not heard of anybody running it underneath but I read somewhere where someone ran it down the street side wall near the top and ended up mounting the aerial on the sidewall as well.
                  You could try it without the aerial run and see how well it works. I expect it would work ok, but with some lag.
                  2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  2021 303RLS
                  Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog3162 View Post
                    Hello, I'm buying an Imagine XLS 23LDE and I like the Haloview reviews I have seen. I have a couple of questions about these units and install:
                    1. How well does that 3m self-stick plastic bracket work on the roof?

Rob
                    I haven't had it exposed long enough to the weather to give it a fair shake. The 3M stuff is very tacky for sure and seems to adhere well. I cleaned the small areas of the roof material with a little Isopropyl alcohol and a paper towel prior to sticking down the 3m clips. I will see if they come loose this summer.

2022 Imagine 2600RB
                    Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Working...
                    X