Converter Location on 2021 399TH and Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converter Location on 2021 399TH and Question

Where is the converter located, I need to replace the OEM converter. Also, is this a plug-and-play situation or should I invest in a technician to change it out? Thank you.

Originally posted by LeeG View Post
    Where is the converter located, I need to replace the OEM converter. Also, is this a plug-and-play situation or should I invest in a technician to change it out? Thank you.
    Welcome to the forum, LeeG. When you get a chance, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members as it will help you get the most from your time here on the forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

The converter is behind the Power Distribution Panel ("circuit breaker panel"). Usually in a 5vr that means taking down the false wall on the aft side of the storage department. This area is directly below the bathroom floor. (You'll find a lot of equipment installed in this area.)

The converter, if the Parts Lookup website is accurate (link to the site on the menu bar above) looks like a WFCO 9800 Series 55A model.
    GD part reference: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/2502
    WFCO manual reference: https://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/9800-Operators-Manual.pdf

It it is the WFCO, this is a relatively easy part to replace. However, make sure all power (shore, battery, solar, etc) is off before attempting a replacement.

Please report back how it goes!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Howard. I went out to the new members content and another thread on a 2016 399 that had some content, but the way it was worded left me with some questions. I think you've answered them, I'm going to haver to cut out a portion of the wall in the storage compartment, on the Left as I'm standing facing the storage bay. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you Howard. I went out to the new members content and another thread on a 2016 399 that had some content, but the way it was worded left me with some questions. I think you've answered them, I'm going to haver to cut out a portion of the wall in the storage compartment, on the Left as I'm standing facing the storage bay. Thank you.
        You do not have to cut a portion of the false wall, it is attached with screws at each end and is easily removed. To access the place you need to get to you may only have to remove the screws from one end.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian. That's even better news, I just never noticed any screws.

Comment

Thanks Brian. That's even better news, I just never noticed any screws.
            When you look into the pass thru on the door side of the RV there is the first portion of wall on your left that covers the inside step structure you should not have to remove that section. There should be another section attached to that with maybe 4 screws which are black and hard to see remove these and you will be able to see behind the wall and also tell where the other end of the panel is attached.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X