Mobile Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike & Rebecca View Post
    That was perfect!! And I liked your oversimplifications. Those make sense.

About the only difference in our situations/use is that our camping locations are fairly fixed for the next 3-5 years. We are Thousand Trails members and utilize a handful of OR coastal facilities - most of which just happen to have a large hill in between the campground and the nearest Verizon cell tower. So cell service, even a phone call, is difficult to impossible. I'm not asking for an opinion of a fix, just expanding on our current need. I'd have to test both systems at those locations to know which was going to work.

I'm going to go with the external antenna to pepwave modem first and see how that works. I had an early generation Wilson cell booster (2015?) and that was zero help. Although I have a strong suspicion there might have been a ton of user error in that application. 😁

Last question for now - is there an external antenna that would work for both systems or would I need a different antenna for the cell booster system?

Appreciate your time and help. I do understand each person's needs are different and the solutions vary.

Thanks!
    In that situation I would strongly recommend trying the Pepwave first. If the issue is an obstruction then keeping the MIMO going should be your best bet. The antennas are different, so no single option there.

Depending what Pepwave you go with, considering your issue is an obstruction, and that you are semi-stationary I would consider a directional antenna rather than the Puma. I think it would help quite a bit, and the annoyance factor of having to aim it when you move should be tempered by not moving as much as we do. I have heard good things about the XPOL series, and combining it with a pole mount could help quite a bit. There are various models available, so this link will not be specific for you, but should get you in the right direction.

https://mobilemusthave.com/products/...e-mimo-antenna
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
    X