No announcement yet.

Convert Solitude 375 RES to residential fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just my opinion but I would invest in the 1000 watt sine wave inverter with its own internal transfer switch. As noted, if you are camped on a FHU site and have a power failure while away from the rig, the inverter will switch on and power your fridge from your battery/batteries. Also as noted, as long as you have a couple of decent deep cycle batteries and a tow vehicle that helps keep them charged while underway, there will be no need to run the genset.

The Samsung 18 cu ft refer in our Solitude is the more shallow cabinet depth model. With the doors off, I suspect it will fit thru the entry door. If not, the dining table window is a sure bet.

We did the RV to Residential fridge swap in a motorhome we had some years ago. It was a decision we never regretted. Cold beer and hard ice cream all the time
    2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Comment

I'm changing the Norcold to a Maytag side x side, also I am installing a 3000 GoPower inverter/charger. With AMG Lifeline batteries 4ea, 6 volt, 220 amp, I have my 30 amp, from truck to the 397TH, that is enought to keep the batteries charged while traveling. I have Samsung at home, never makes enough Ice. I have a old Maytag in my barn has always keeps the ice ben full.
      FINTEX
      2020 Momentum 397TH all options, Reece Goose Box
      2015 1 ton Chev/4x4 dually

Comment

I too am considering a residential fridge to replace the Dometic side by side in my 2018 303 RLS. However, I am not mechanically inclined enough to do it myself. I was happier with my fridge on our trip to the beach last week, but I was in a shady spot, had a recirculating fan inside, and four large blue ice blocks. Sitting in the driveway in full sun, and empty, it struggled to keep below 45. I put a blower fan pointing up in the lower compartment, but that seemed to have the effect of keeping the factory fans from coming on - didn't use it.

Anyone do this conversion? Is a residential fridge an option in a Reflection 303?

Comment

Working...
        X