Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with a Equator 2020 24" Combo Washer Dryer in a Solitude 310GK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with a Equator 2020 24" Combo Washer Dryer in a Solitude 310GK?

I was on Amazon looking around and I ran across a Equator 2020 24" Combo Washer Dryer. Has anyone had any experience with this brand? I'm looking for a combo unit to install in our new Solitude 310GK and the reviews on this unit are pretty decent. Finally price shipped to my door is around $1200. What is your opinion on this unit?
    Please see attached Amazon link to the washer/dryer.

Have a great weekend!
    Brandon
    Buy Equator 2020 24" Combo Washer Dryer Silver Winterize+Quiet: All-in-One Combination Washers & Dryers - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
    Brandon & Krysten
    2022 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 DRW, B&W Hitch

Brandons32

I searched the forum (using DuckDuckGo) by entering Equator site:gdrvowners.com into the search engine. There were no results, so unless someone spelled it wrong there's no discussion of it on the forum.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Brandons32

I searched the forum (using DuckDuckGo) by entering Equator site:gdrvowners.com into the search engine. There were no results, so unless someone spelled it wrong there's no discussion of it on the forum.
      Thanks Howard. I did a search too and I didn't see any discussion so it must not be a very popular brand. We are very interested in purchasing a combo unit but trying to get it shipped to our house has been a choir. We will keep searching.

Brandon
      Brandon & Krysten

Comment

Originally posted by Brandons32 View Post
        I did a search too and I didn't see any discussion so it must not be a very popular brand.
        If you do end up with the unit, please post a review!
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If you do end up with the unit, please post a review!
          We will certainly do just that. Have a great week!
          Brandon & Krysten

Comment

Brandons32 I realize that bad reviews spread much faster than positive reviews, but the number of bad reviews are at 25% when I looked, and all read the same way or close to the same. This leads me to believe that there may be a common failure point.

Worse than that is almost all of the bad reviews state how hard it is to get parts, warranty work done, or returns. One review even stated having to have the installation changed at eh recommendation of the MFG only to have the same issue.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 I did some reading myself and I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews on that brand. A bunch of the complaints was about parts being hard to find. I guess we will try and find a Splendide combo unit and stick with a brand that we know is good.
              Brandon & Krysten

Comment

We have had the Splendide 2100 in 2 different trailers and run hundreds of loads through them. The first unit we had developed a water leak at the pump, likely my fault for not winterizing it thoroughly enough. I was able to diagnose it and order the new pump. We were at Fort wilderness in Disneyworld at the time and within 5 business days I had a new pump delivered from Indiana. My understanding is that any competent appliance repair person should be able to service the unit and from my experience they were most helpful getting parts.
                2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

familytruckster4 The Camping World near me has a Splendide WDV220XCD in stock for $1400. I'm assuming its very similar to the 2100 that you have. I'm taking my time and trying to find the best deal. In the mean time I will be cutting the hole for the dryer into the side of the RV.
                  Brandon & Krysten

Comment

Originally posted by Brandons32 View Post
                    familytruckster4 The Camping World near me has a Splendide WDV220XCD in stock for $1400. I'm assuming its very similar to the 2100 that you have. I'm taking my time and trying to find the best deal. In the mean time I will be cutting the hole for the dryer into the side of the RV.
                    I believe we paid $1300 for ours and instead of haggling on the price they installed it for free including the install kit.
                    Whatever unit you get make sure you use the hold down tab that screws into the floor. Those things can get a little bouncy on these great roads
                    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post

I believe we paid $1300 for ours and instead of haggling on the price they installed it for free including the install kit.
                      Whatever unit you get make sure you use the hold down tab that screws into the floor. Those things can get a little bouncy on these great roads
                      A very good point on the hold down Z brackets! I will definitely put that on the top of the list when we get a unit.
                      Brandon & Krysten

Comment

Working...
                      X